Field of View of lenses A , C2 , D

• Thread starter Deleted member 37895
  • Start date
Yes but the typical person looking for a dashcam or action camera or FPV camera isn't going to know about options that aren't advertised
The typical person looking for a dashcam, action camera or FPV camera probably won't be buying a Mobius. Regarding advertising, my local reseller advertises all the lens options on the same page

Yes but the typical person looking for a dashcam or action camera or FPV camera isn't going to know about options that aren't advertised

As @jokiin already pointed out the Mobius is not your typical consumer product. People who are interested in it usually spend time perusing sources like RCGroups or DCT to learn about. In your particular case, you said, "I didn't even know the D lens existed until like a week ago" which surprises me because you're a "Mobius guy" who has been a member here and regular poster for more than a year now. There is plenty of discussion about the D lens, such as this thread from @Harsh that I just came up with without having to look very hard. - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/videos-mobius-d-lens-rear.28394/

As @jokiin already pointed out the Mobius is not your typical consumer product. People who are interested in it usually spend time perusing sources like RCGroups or DCT to learn about. In your particular case, you said, "I didn't even know the D lens existed until like a week ago" which surprises me because you're a "Mobius guy" who has been a member here and regular poster for more than a year now. There is plenty of discussion about the D lens, such as this thread from @Harsh that I just came up with without having to look very hard. - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/videos-mobius-d-lens-rear.28394/

That thread hasn't been bumped since the middle of last year though. I only first saw it recently just by Googling information on the D lens

That thread hasn't been bumped since the middle of last year though. I only first saw it recently just by Googling information on the D lens

Whether the thread was bumped or not the fact is that it exists. I understand you were not aware of the D lens, just surprised; maybe as surprised as you were to discover that the D lens existed. Seems like news of such things gets widely and quickly disseminated in our little Mobius community here.

The Mobius has NEVER done ANY advertising. It's ALL word of mouth and has been since the beginning. That's basically my point.

Seems like news of such things gets widely and quickly disseminated in our little Mobius community here.

possibly it's more of the seasoned Mobius owners here and not really much in the way of new users which would have been creating more recent activity had it still been as popular as it was two or three years ago, the M2 issues probably soured a few users away from the brand in the last year or so

possibly it's more of the seasoned Mobius owners here and not really much in the way of new users which would have been creating more recent activity had it still been as popular as it was two or three years ago, the M2 issues probably soured a few users away from the brand in the last year or so

Yes, I agree with you that the M2 debacle probably didn't do Mobius's sales any favors in the marketplace, especially with the way they handled the situation but I think any new users, however few or many who purchased a Mobius would certainly have been on the look-out on the forums for any new information or developments that were under discussion. I recall, it seemed quite "newsworthy" that Mobius was dedicated enough to the original but aging platform to still introduce higher quality, better corrected lens options including an entirely new "D" lens. I mean, what other camera developer does that? (Except perhaps you, in your own way, with your continued refinement of the GC) For better or worse (and usually for the better) the Mobius is all about dedicated enthusiasts.

would that have happened had the M2 not been the problem it has been, hard to know for sure, had it worked properly there really wouldn't have been a need for the M1 to still exist, if they get it right with the Maxi then the M1's days may be numbered

would that have happened had the M2 not been the problem it has been, hard to know for sure, had it worked properly there really wouldn't have been a need for the M1 to still exist, if they get it right with the Maxi then the M1's days may be numbered

The M1 has had a great run, for sure!

The M1 has had a great run, for sure!
I still prefer my original M1 with its metal lens holder for some applications. In the right conditions its video quality is as good as many other 1080p cameras. As a dashcam, its performance cannot compete with the best cameras now available.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mobius 9
Skynet Mobius 7
T Mobius 2
S Mobius 1
N Mobius 1
Back