Finally. New firmware and new app.

Russians have found a way to extract gps data from original file and convert it to *.srt subtitles. So it's possible to embed it into video in 1440p quality.
Anyway, I'd rather have a choice to present/publish my video with or without the gps data ;) so this solution seems OK with me.

Hello gaspie, that is good news, do you have a link to share for that "extractor" ?

Anyway, I'd rather have a choice to present/publish my video with or without the gps data ;) so this solution seems OK with me.

That is true, but as you can extract the GPS data from your video file,, than everyone will be able to do it.

It means that, to not share your speed and location you have to disable the GPS or erase that info
from your video before you publish.

Code:
usage: gps_extract.exe [-h] [--address] [--nocoord] [--nospeed]
                       [--kml | --gpx]
                       FILE [FILE ...]

Process the 70mai Pro GPS data

positional arguments:
  FILE           File to convert

optional arguments:
  -h, --help     show this help message and exit
  --kml, -k      Export track in KML format - Экспортировать трек в формате KML
  --gpx, -g      Export track in GPX format - Экспортировать трек в формате GPX

Subtitles format:
  --address, -a  Resolve the coordinates to address - добавтить в субтитры и KML распознавание адреса
  --nocoord, -c  Disable GPS coordinates in subtitles - убрать из субтитров координаты
  --nospeed, -s  Disable speed in subtitles - убрать из субтитров данные о скорости

Hi, file "gps.zip" not available, any other link to download it ?

Last edited:
@gaspie
I guess the Video you made is based on subtitles and converted/merged in VLC. Did you find any other solution to use the gpx/kml-data? I'm asking because I wanted to use some overlays but the extracted data is not usable in any of my video editing tools. Garmin ViRB, for example, doesn't see any position/speed data in the gpx-file. However you can check up your route on https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ and it seems to be fine.

Edit:
I also got a problem with the subtitles: After joining the files (mp4joiner) the gps-data is gone and can't be extracted anymore. So you have to extract it first. But then you have no possibility to merge the subtitle-files because there is no timestamp inside. Is there a simple way of joining a few videos (10 Minutes for example) WITH gps-data?

Last edited:
Hey,

I answered some of my questions by myself :)
GPX-data: not recognized by most software. BUT by Dashware! (You also need free HEVC codec for video playback/decode/encode)
GPX-data merge: https://joewein.net/bike/gpxmerge/

To create nice videos (more than 1 min) with sexy overlays follow these steps:
1. Extract all the gps-data (gpx!)
2. Merge the gps-data
3. Open Dashware, start a new project, select a fancy template
4. Input Settings: Click on "merge 2 or more vide files" and selected your video files
5. Import your merged GPX file, select "GPX" and 1sec polling rate
6. Synchronization tab: Enable "Sync with Video". (Note: This works only if all of your files have coresponding gps-files. Otherwise you have to synch gps-data with the video by hand.)
7. File -> Create Video

:)

Edit:
Here is a quick sample which took about 5 minutes to create

Last edited:
I have update and rebooted. But can no longer log into unit via WiFi. Password does not work. Anyone know the default PW?
Tnx

I have update and rebooted. But can no longer log into unit via WiFi. Password does not work. Anyone know the default PW?
Tnx
When i update, camera change wifi password. I needed to forget camera wifi and connect again with new password

Greeting @Vietnam,
It's greatly appreciated for your update file. I have tried a couple times but I always got failed. Below are what I did to update mine:
1. Download your file.
2. Format SD card using 70maipro.
3. Unzip and copy over the "update" folder to SD card ( tried with create new "root" folder or just put the "update" folder in or copy over all files in "update" folder into SD card )
4. While holding the 4th button, press the long button.
5. Screen appears updating message then immediately turn to failed.

Could you please advise if I made something wrong with this procedure?

Thank you in advance!
Regards.
Disable the parking surveillance first

Wifi connection between your phone and the camera is needed for viewing gallery, downloading files and changing firmware. You don't need it for normal daily operation of camera. Switch off wifi autoconnection. In case you really need it - connect manually.
I understand this functionality, but suppose that I have to download all files from sdcard when I'm arriving at home. I have to wait a lot of time to download them, or I have to take out sdcard from 70mai or, that's the best, connect dashcam to home wifi and download all files automatically.
Yes, I can set my phone to use both GSM and wifi network connection, but it is not a good option.

Can some share file with geotags? File which I can use to see position in e.g Dashcam Viewer? I know where to find file on my mobile phone with information about position in movie but i dont know how file with geotags should looks

So in 1.0.5 are geotags and speed included and saved in video or it only shows it on preview while driving and still needs to be combined video+text to provide full feature to watch later?

So in 1.0.5 are geotags and speed included and saved in video .......................

Hello,

yes, it is saved inside video, read post #49, also check post #41 and #45 were you can get GPS.zip
to extract GPS data from video and make sub´s, for more info check other replays.

Hello,

yes, it is saved inside video, read post #49, also check post #41 and #45 were you can get GPS.zip
to extract GPS data from video and make sub´s, for more info check other replays.

so I don't need to edit video since it's already implemented, right?

Back