Git2,Xiaomi Yi, Mobius, Sj1000, gt300w, GS9000, GS600, Gopro
FIREFLY 6S
Look Very good

from Bangood

127.79 dólares

Brand Name: Hawkeye
Item Name: Firefly 6S camera
Photo Resolution: 16M/8M/5M,
Video Resolution: 4K@24fps(Quicktime player required);2.5K@30fps,1080P@60fps,720P@120fps;VGA@30fps
ISO: AUTO/100/1600
AV Output Format : PAL/ NTSC
USB Port: compatible with Gopro Gimbals
Support HDMI output:YES
Support max 64G TF card, Class 10
Support WiFi

Specification:
Size: 59 x 41 x 12mm
Weight: 70g
Battery Capacity: 1600mAh (can be detached, compatible with Gopro3/3+ battery)
Working Voltage: 5V
Working + Charging Current: 800mA
Working Time:1.5h
Charging Time: 2-3h
Compressed Format : H264
Video/ Photo Format: *.MOV / *.JPG
Color:Black/Golden/Silver White

Optical Parameter:
Diaphragm: F/2.8,7 glasses
Angle: 120 degree level, 170 degree diagonal

Mode:
Video;Photo;Time-lapse video;Time-lapse photo;11 Burst Photo

Buttons:
Power Button: Press once for power on, long press 3 sec. to turn off, Photo/ Record Mode switch.
OK Button: Start/ Stop recording
Up Button: Enter menu/ Add options of menu; long press to turn on WiFi
Down Button: Enter menu/ reduce options of menu.

Contrast FIREFLY 6s with FIREFLY 5s:(Only the difference)

FIREFLY 6s FIREFLY 5s
Photo resolution
16M(suggested)
8M
5M 12M(suggested)
8M
5M
Video resolution 4K@24fps
(Quicktime player required);
2.5K@30fps,
1080P@60fps,
720P@120fps;
VGA@30fps 1280P@30fps;
720p@60fps,etc
Light frequency setting
50HZ/60HZ
(When usd in indoor, you can use this setting to avoid light.) NO
Remove fisheye Turn ON to reduce Fish eye effect NO
Gyro image stabilization Yes(Video Test) NO
Angle adjustment
2 options: Large / Medium . Small angle can reduce image distortion.
(Large angle is suggested as using smaller angle will reduce image quality.)
3 options: Large / Medium / Small.
Time-lapse video to start/stop time-lapse video at 0.5 / 1 / 3 / 5 /10second intervals.
to start/stop time-lapse video at 0.5 or 3 second
intervals.
Sport accessories Yes NO
Cycle recording
(This mode is suggested to be used in vehicle monitoring.)
If cycle recording mode is selected, the video will be cut
into 5-minute segments. The earliest files will be covered when the TF
card is full.
If cycle recording mode is selected, the video will be cut
into 5-minute segments. The earliest files will be covered when the TF
card is full.
USB Power Up Auto-record
(This mode is suggested to be used in vehicle monitoring or aerial
photographing.)
If this function on, it will automatically start
recording when connected to external power source via USB.
If this function on, it will automatically start
recording when connected to external power source via USB.
WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
(This mode is not suggested to be used in sunny days).
WDR function is suggested to be used in
cloudy/dark environment. It might cause overexposure in sunny days.
WDR function is suggested to be used in
cloudy/dark environment. It might cause overexposure in sunny days.
Burst photo capture 11 photos in 1 second. capture 11 photos in 1 second.
ISO adjustment AUTO/100/400/1600 AUTO/100/400/1600
Sharpness adjustment 3 options: High, Medium and Low. 3 options: High, Medium and Low.
Color adjustment 2 options: standard and vivid. 2 options: standard and vivid.
Time stamping
this option allows you to stamp the time on the photos or
videos.
this option allows you to stamp the time on the photos or
videos.
TV output mode PAL / NTSC PAL / NTSC
Wi-Fi remote Yes Yes
USB Auto power-off
the power will be automatically turned off in 30
seconds after the USB power supply is cut.
the power will be automatically turned off in 30
seconds after the USB power supply is cut.

Feature:
-Small, Light, 16MP HD camera
-With WiFi function, can download the APP "FIREFLY" or scan the two-dimension code above , to transmit the live image to your phone.
-Compatible with GoPro Camera accessories, includes batteries, gimbals and USB device etc.
-More convenience for FPV system.
-50HZ/60HZ light freqquency setting:When used in indoor, it can avoid the flashing lights.
-Trun ON to reduce Fish eye effect.
-Gyro Image stabilization

Package Included:
1 x FIREFLY 6S 4K WiFi Sport HD DV Camera
1 x Waterproof Case
1 x 1600mAh Battery
1 x Lens Cover
1 x USB cable
1 x Sport accessories
1 x Manual

Note:(Very Important)
-AV cable not include
-Please download to update the camera: Newest firmware

1.Format the card(FAT32)
2.Put the firmware into the card root directory
3.Restart and the camera will be automatically updated.(update process with LED flashes)
4.It will automatically boot after the update is complete.
5.Please remeber delete the firmware after completing update.

Last edited:
Okay and your point is ?

Gyro Image stabilization sounds very interesting. I'm familiar with the technology as it's been around a long time but I've never heard of it built into a small form action cam before. If it's really gyro stabilization like they claim and works it would be a fantastic feature for certain applications. It could even provide greater clarity for dash cams, especially for someone like me who lives on and often travels on rural dirt roads in hilly and mountainous terrain.

http://photoshipone.com/camera-gyro/ (an example)

The dewarping feature also sounds appealing.

I would love to know what sensor and DSP in used in this camera.

Last edited:
Gyro Image stabilization sounds very interesting. I'm familiar with the technology as it's been around a long time but I've never heard of it built into a small form action cam before. If it's really gyro stabilization like they claim and works it would be a fantastic feature for certain applications. It could even provide greater clarity for dash cams, especially for someone like me who lives on and often travels on rural dirt roads in hilly and mountainous terrain.

will keep an open mind but not so sure about this, the stabilisation I've see so far is ok for handheld stuff but can make things worse for something solidly mounted, things may have changed so will wait and see it in action before deciding one way or the other if this is a good thing or not for our applications, could still be ok for sport cam stuff though

So is this the 1st budget 4k 24fps cam?

So is this the 1st budget 4k 24fps cam?
I have one in hand, I will record some testing footage soon.
The 4K is not amazing, as this chipset does not have 4K ability.

4k needs to have 2160p vertical (twice the 1080p).
Horizontal can be different in different formats (widescreen).
This just says 4k@24fps.
Does that mean it's at least 3840p wide by 2160p or interpolated?

it's possibly frame doubled. when you have twice as much resolution as you need from a sensor there's a lot of options available

will keep an open mind but not so sure about this, the stabilisation I've see so far is ok for handheld stuff but can make things worse for something solidly mounted, things may have changed so will wait and see it in action before deciding one way or the other if this is a good thing or not for our applications, could still be ok for sport cam stuff though

Yeah, I see your point, although if you saw the vibrations you can get in videos while driving some of the washboard dirt and gravel roads around where I live, "solidly mounted" in a vehicle doesn't necessarily mean much.

In any event, there are two different issues as I see it, which is why I questioned whether it's really gyro stabilization like they claim and also if it actually works as advertised. I'm skeptical that anyone could produce an authentic miniaturized gyroscopic system small enough to fit inside a camera this size and then, assuming that could be accomplished, whether they can produce something that really functions reasonably well in a camera selling for $128 USD. Another obvious question is whether gyros would make too much noise inside a video camera. Still, I find the idea of miniaturized gyro stabilization intriguing.

In any event, there are two different issues as I see it, which is why I questioned whether it's really gyro stabilization like they claim and also if it actually works as advertised. I'm skeptical that anyone could produce an authentic miniaturized gyroscopic system small enough to fit inside a camera this size and then, assuming that could be accomplished, whether they can produce something that really functions reasonably well in a camera selling for $128 USD. Another obvious question is whether gyros would make too much noise inside a video camera. Still, I find the idea of miniaturized gyro stabilization intriguing.

my observations (based on viewing the sample video only) is that the field of view on the 'gyro' enabled camera is different to that of the non 'gyro' camera, it appears very much like the picture is cropped and the camera is deciding which portion of the sensor is used dynamically, as in the cropped section is being adjusted on the fly, I find it hard to imagine this is not being done in software and perhaps there's a bit of artistic license being taken with the use of the word 'gyro'

not sure about this one

my observations (based on viewing the sample video only) is that the field of view on the 'gyro' enabled camera is different to that of the non 'gyro' camera, it appears very much like the picture is cropped and the camera is deciding which portion of the sensor is used dynamically, as in the cropped section is being adjusted on the fly, I find it hard to imagine this is not being done in software and perhaps there's a bit of artistic license being taken with the use of the word 'gyro'

not sure about this one

I agree. The notion of making up product features and technologies that devices don't really have just leaves me shaking my head but we seem to see more and more of it as time goes on. "Gyro" has a specific meaning so artistic license is pushing it. Didn't they use to just call this Image Stabilization?

The Kenyon camera gyro stabilizer I linked back in post #3 goes for around $2500 and up for the 3 axis model plus accessories.

so they've probably miniaturized that and crammed it into a $128 camera I guess, along with the real 4k video etc, quite a feat really when you think about it :cool:

Regarding the Gyro, it require add separate Gyro chipset, not just done by firmware.

Back