Firmware 119PRO

I upgraded to 1.2 the other day, now I need to check out some of my video more closely to see if it is this decent. If not, I'd consider giving it a shot as well.

Here is a link to the Beta V1.2. It's supposed to be different than the V1.2 listed on the Viofo firmware page, but I do not know what is different. Please note this is a .7z zipped file. Winzip should unzip it (it does for me). Again, I have not had a chance to test this firmware, so I have no idea if it's stable or not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzv833535xnmk32/FWA119P_180502IQBeta.7z?dl=0

Here is a link to the Beta V1.2. It's supposed to be different than the V1.2 listed on the Viofo firmware page, but I do not know what is different. Please note this is a .7z zipped file. Winzip should unzip it (it does for me). Again, I have not had a chance to test this firmware, so I have no idea if it's stable or not.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzv833535xnmk32/FWA119P_180502IQBeta.7z?dl=0

Thanks, I gave it a quick try and it looked worse I think. Went back to the official 1.2.

Anyone on here running and tested the 1.3 firmeware? Just installed today but have not found any changelog. And do not have time to test it currently.

Where have you found the 1.3? On their website (support.viofo.com), 1.2 is the latest firmware.

I wrote them an email and they replied that as official distributors usually they receive the new firmwares much sooner then VIOFO officially post them to their web site.

Also, the Polish forum has information that there is no difference from V1.2

Would be nice if they would be universal in their numbering regardless of country, lot less confusion that way!

I guess there must be some difference.

1.2 is 4,148kB
1.3 is 4,142kB
Beta is 4,140 kB.

Found this on youtube from the other day, supposedly beta firmware? Doesn't say what version. Anyone know who this is? Looks good.

That's my video, probably same beta firmware that's making the rounds, I used 1440p 30fps, WDR off. It's still blurry and noisy in extremely dark lighting, but color saturation, sharpness and "darker" scenes are acceptable now. I won't upgrade until there is confirmation of a significant improvement.

Looking at the 1.2 / 1.3 files you can see that there are changes. It's annoying that there is no change log but on a very high level the files are different sizes.
1.2 = 41082 lines of code
1.3 = 40981 lines of code

Looking at them in a hex editor the main body is rather different too. I can't accept that the files are the same. I'll upgrade my camera today and see if there is any difference but the firmwares are rather different.

I wonder if they added 256gb support with the v1.3 for the a119 pro? Viofo has mentioned that recent updates allow for 256gb on the other 119 models and the new a129 also supports 256gb cards right out of the box so there's a chance it is coming to the Pro.

Which 256GB cards are recommended?

Street guardian USA says they’ve been testing/using these new sandisk A1 rated cards with success in their camera’s so I’d be willing to give it a go in my viofo and report back as well: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0758NHWS8
Should there be a problem fairly quickly I’d return it.

Sandisk Ultra "A1" (needs to be "A1") or Samsung EVO U3 (Green ones, shipped and sold by Amazon) cards are good. 400GB might even work soon but I didn't test yet. (on my to do list)

Can I downgrade from firmware v1.3 back to v1.2?

Back