Firmware 20131202 is out - E-Prance

Thanks for that.

I will try it over the coming days.

@Rayman.Chan said 0n pg. 85 of the "other" Mini 0801 thread (you know, the one that is now over 110 pages long!):
[...]
NEVER upgrade w/ internal storage firmware to a NO storage device, it will be damaged, confidently.
[...]

I ordered my mini0801 from e-prance with GPS and without internal memory. I got it a few weeks later and had no choice to change internal/external memory. (Well thats normal so far).

The akward thing is: I disassembled my mini0801 a few weeks later - and saw that there is an internal SD-Card slot soldered to the PCB. According to the above sentence my mini0801 should be damaged - but it isn't. I kept the no internal mem firmware on it till we got 20131026 internal mem version. I flashed that fw and now I'm recording to internal memory without any problem :D

Just to ask a silly question I am correct in thinking I have the right version downloaded, mines no internal memory with GPS.
Downloaded 20131202-1card.zip
I first downloaded firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.zip but don't know if that's the same file...
they both have firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin inside...

also I assume its self updating eg copy onto a blank card and insert then turn on.

and do we know if the slow card has been addressed in this version.

Yes you got the right version.

To install copy the binary to the root of your SD-Card, unplug the USB connector and you'll get a prompt asking you to update the firmware.

I have no idea if the low speed error has been fixed, though.

I ordered my mini0801 from e-prance with GPS and without internal memory. I got it a few weeks later and had no choice to change internal/external memory. (Well thats normal so far).

The akward thing is: I disassembled my mini0801 a few weeks later - and saw that there is an internal SD-Card slot soldered to the PCB. According to the above sentence my mini0801 should be damaged - but it isn't. I kept the no internal mem firmware on it till we got 20131026 internal mem version. I flashed that fw and now I'm recording to internal memory without any problem :D
This seems normal to me...ie, if you have the internal memory slot (which you did), whether it is in use or not, you can use either firmware. Evidently there are two chip sets, one that supports two storage devices and one that only supports one. I'm not saying his statement is true or false, because I don't know, but if it is true, this is how it makes sense to me.

Hi Everyone,

So whats the consensus? Is the 20131202 firmware is good?

Still waiting on my card. I ordered with GPS / no internal by accident.

Hi Everyone,

So whats the consensus? Is the 20131202 firmware is good?

Still waiting on my card. I ordered with GPS / no internal by accident.

Wait, too early to tell. Most of us only installed this version past few days. I wouldn't call one stable until I have run it for at least one month.

So far so good on both of my o801's. (one with internal 8GB, one without internal, both GPS)
Both cards are full, and it's yet to give me the low speed card, or shut down. I'm using 32GB Samsung Class 6 cards in both.

Hi Guys

I have been reading all your comments with great attention and i am wondering if an upgrade to the new firmware will sort out my problems.

Mine is a GPS with internal memory and use a 32gb Samsung class 6 (I did my research before buying!)

I am having a few issues with the auto on and record. I leave the cam in the car / connected to the power. I seem to get different outcomes and there does not seem to be a reason why. This is what happens sometimes:

1) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up and records, screen turns off after 1 min, blue light blinks (showing record) then turns off when ignition switched off (Perfect)

2) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up and records, screen turns off after 1 min, no blue light flash, fail to record

3) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up, not recording, then powers off after 1 min

4) Once, it powered on and stayed on without recording and wouldn't turn off until I long pressed the power button.

Am i just unlucky of have i got a dud one?

Cheers

Seth

So far so good on both of my o801's. (one with internal 8GB, one without internal, both GPS)
Both cards are full, and it's yet to give me the low speed card, or shut down. I'm using 32GB Samsung Class 6 cards in both.

Good to hear matey, mines going well too, also on SS C6 32gb cards.

Hi Guys

I have been reading all your comments with great attention and i am wondering if an upgrade to the new firmware will sort out my problems.

Mine is a GPS with internal memory and use a 32gb Samsung class 6 (I did my research before buying!)

I am having a few issues with the auto on and record. I leave the cam in the car / connected to the power. I seem to get different outcomes and there does not seem to be a reason why. This is what happens sometimes:

1) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up and records, screen turns off after 1 min, blue light blinks (showing record) then turns off when ignition switched off (Perfect)

2) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up and records, screen turns off after 1 min, no blue light flash, fail to record

3) When the ignition is turned on the cam powers up, not recording, then powers off after 1 min

4) Once, it powered on and stayed on without recording and wouldn't turn off until I long pressed the power button.

Am i just unlucky of have i got a dud one?

Cheers

Seth

First thing I would do is to try another cable, and power adapter to see if I get the same results, also try sqeezing in one side of the mini usb plug to make it a firmer fit, as some have been rather loose, resulting in similar symptoms to yours. E-Prance recommend C6 Kmax and Toshiba brands. Though Samsung class 6 cards have been the most reliable for me over last 3 months, it's always worth trying another card. One of my camera's is fussy with cards yet the other 2 seem to work with any card I put in them. Turning off the audio seems to resolve many problems too, but depends what importance you put on having audio enabled.

You don't mention what firmware it's currently on, you could give the latest GPS 2 card 1202 firmware a try, I've had one camera recycling for 72hrs on it without any hiccups so far, and other cams in car going well too.

Last edited:
Seth,
Do you see any errors on your screen after around 30 secongds with low speed card and IO error? This shutdown with no recording after a minute or so is very similar to the main issue with this dashcam. Try to disable the audio recording (just press on the up button when the camera is powered up and before it shut downs). Are you also running 20131202?

Received my 0801 from E-PRANCE shop on Amazon 10 days ago with no GPS no internal memory.It was loaded
with 20131026 firmware. It came with a faulty samsung card. I fitted a Kingston 32GB class4 to get it working but the recording would cut out after a few seconds and the screen would go off after 10 seconds even though i set it to go off after 1 min.
Sometimes the recording would last 30-60 minutes.I installed the software 20131202 for the GPS model which joklin said should be o.k.
Thanks joklin.Everything seems to be working ok as it should be for 2 days now. Also i have 2 extra folders now. Gps folder and a player for a windows machine which i wont be needing.I dont mind this as long as my camera works without any issues. I know its early days yet to be sure its a lasting cure,but its looking good so far.

huggs2: Good to hear 1202 seems to have positive results for you, it's still working okay for me too. Still early days, but 1202 appears to be reliable so far. :)

I just updated my firmware to 1202, the gps now says I'm in China.

Perhaps related, while checking the time settings, I noticed that mi GMT value was +8, and I'm in Pacific time, so I changed it back to -8. I did this immediately after the upgrade. The subsequent test footage showed me in China (using the DVR app)

I just updated my firmware to 1202, the gps now says I'm in China.

Perhaps related, while checking the time settings, I noticed that mi GMT value was +8, and I'm in Pacific time, so I changed it back to -8. I did this immediately after the upgrade. The subsequent test footage showed me in China (using the DVR app)
That's with the one it automatically installs in your card right? Use the old software you used before and it'll work just fine

Oh ok, yes the DVR app from the card showed me in China. I didn't try the one from the CD. So the DVR software is the problem.

just noticed that audio is playing back in both channels (using windows media player).
the 1026 was only in left channel.

I seem to be having difficulties with the time changing. it jumps ahead 10 hours. ill have to research in a bit. timezone seems to be correct. (+5 here)

Back