Firmware confusion

Ablaze

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
B1W
I purchased and installed a hardwire kit for my BW1, connecting it to constant power so that it could record incidents after a G-Sensor event while parked as per B1W hardwiring instructions.
I came out in the morning to find the battery too drained to start (Even though I set the battery drain protector to the second highest setting), and the dashcam had been recording all night.
I then find on the forums you have to download a completely separate firmware in order to not have it run all night??
Additionally, while searching I see that some people were after the option to have WiFi off by default.. so I think, that sounds good.. until I see this is yet again another firmware update?
Then I download the parking firmware from the downloads page, and see that not only is it a .rar file when other forum threads talk about .bin, but the date of the firmware is less than other firmware linked to in the forums.

So:
1. Why are parking mode and Wifi default on/off completely different firmwares and not options selectable from the settings page of the app?
2. What is the difference between a .rar and .bin file in regards to linked firmwares?
3. Why doesn't the Firmware downloads page have the latest version of the firmware?

I did try to extract the .rar with 7-zip and it said it was not an archive.. turns out I needed a newer version of 7-zip!

The manual says "You will find 2 files: file names cardvr_img.bin and default_cfg.bin.".
The 20180614s .rar only contains the cardvr_img.bin file.
What about the default_cfg.bin file?

Also can I have Wifi default Off + Parking Mode in the same firmware?

Last edited:
default_cfg.bin

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

WiFi-default-off config file download link!

Back