Firmware update loses setting options.

sammyg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got two of these, one with an older firmware version and the second one with version B40.20140714.001, which seems to be later than the version in the link here.
One minor point, it includes GPS in the menu, with another option removed, the option to enter id details that shows on the recording.
One other point. The latest version files do not show within Windows movie maker, all I get is a black screen. Files from the older firmware show and play OK. The files do play OK in other software so it's no big deal for me.

Last edited:
When i put the files in windows movie maker it shows a black screen while it "converts" the file into a movie maker compatible format.

When it was done the video reappeared but was very poor quality.

I obviously wasn't patient enough! I uploaded and edited them in VSDC free editor and they play and edit perfectly. The native files also play well directly in Quick time player.:)

Not much. Just putting the front and rear videos together into a single file. I've no problems doing it in the VSDC program.
Just thought it was odd that the earlier firmware version plays and works well in windows movie player whilst the later version doesn't. I don't get any delay or black screens when loading the earlier files.

Last edited:
Use Registrator Viewer, you can remove overlap and stitch the files together without re-encoding, very quick and easy

Registrator Viewer is very good and free, it can also remove the 1000ms overlap between the videos which is nice.

Thanks for the info. I've downloaded it and had a quick look. Will give it a bit more time later.:)

I have not seen side-by-side or picture-in-picture in Registator Viewer.

If you want picture in picture,as l do,have a look at vsdc program. Its free and doing picture in picture is very easy.

Vsdc is what i have used most recently. It's got some weird functions like how you have to grab the anchors and size every video you import but one you get used to it, it's not bad. That said I'm planning on moving completely to Linux so i may start using LIVES (lives is video editing software) in Linux mint.

One other point. The latest version files do not show within Windows movie maker, all I get is a black screen. Files from the older firmware show and play OK. The files do play OK in other software so it's no big deal for me.

Got to correct myself here. It DOES play in Windows Movie Maker. It's just as was said earlier that it takes a lot longer for the program to get the files ready. Once ready they play and edit OK.

Back