First Dashcam Help

Alex Pierce

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I have been having issues with my neighbor lately because she uses my car to help her load and unload her car. I have caught her twice placing groceries on my car while she gathers her things. I live in a condo complex and her carport spot is right next to mine. I was wondering if there is any type of camera I can set up to record the rear view of my car (so I can see if she places anything on the trunk) while my car is parked.

Appreciate any help as this is the first time I have ever considered looking into cameras.

U want dashcam to install into your car rear windows for 24/7 parking mode recording, right ?

High end,
Panaorama X2 dual channel (rear is stealthy) or Panorama S or G single channel
(Excellent parking mode)

Budget,
maybe Innovv C3 but not sure about its parking mode motion detection ability. It's a new product and still learning. It is also very stealthy

Alex is this a one time use or will you use it full time as a dash cam? If it's going to be used just to catch your neighbor then I suggest you buy a Mobius for a few reasons. A. It's tiny and discreet B. it's very reliable and C. it's very versatile, so you can use it full time as a dash cam or outside the car for general recording or actioncam stuff. Another plus is it's cheap, all the parts you need can be purchased for under $100. If you read the threads here about, you will see it's well liked by its owners. Best and easiest would be to place it in your rear window, using a $15 USB battery and a 64 GB card ($24, right now don't wait) and record 5 min clips all night. The Mobius has Motion Detect, it's just that full record will be better and capture more than using Motion Detect. You can buy the Mobius in the US @spytec here or @BuyMobius.com

Option B, if you plan to place the camera outside to view the parking lot, would be the SJ4000 WiFi which is just like the GoPro and has a waterproof case. It too can be purchased for under $100 and depending on distance you can use the WiFi to view the feed live and record simultaneously.

Last edited:
Leave a note, politely mentioning what you've seen, and that you'd like her to stop. The neighbour in my parking garage kept leaving their car's white paint on my car's doors. Easy enough to polish out, but a nuisance nonetheless. I left them a nice note, with my name and telephone number, and asked them to be more careful.

I got an apologetic phone call the next day, and new white paint marks stopped showing up.

And why not to directly speak to her? I think that would be the best choice. Just tell your problem politely, I think she'll understand.

directly speak to her

Good point! In my case, my parking lot was underground, and parking stall numbers were (for the most part) randomly assigned... I was the first person to move into the building, so I got to choose the best parking spot, but it had no relation to my apartment number.

This meant that I had no idea who was parking next to me. Short of contacting the landlord to find out whose stall was next to mine, my only way of contacting them was to leave a note. (and even if I did contact the landlord, if my parking neighbour lived on a different floor than me, my key fob only gave me security access to my floor).

Back