Flashing G1WH firmware

Doug B

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Will I need anything else to update my camera's firmware, other than the single .bin file that I downloaded from Spy-Tec?

Thanks.

Put the .bin file in the root directory of the SD card, put the card in the camera and turn it on. It should recognize the .bin file and update the firmware. If it does not it's likely because the file name itself is incorrect.

Make sure the file is for the correct camera.

Tried that, but the camera just starts as usual. It's not recognizing the file, which Spy-tec has offered up as the correct update for the camera.

It seems that I'm going to have to get back in touch with them.

Tried that, but the camera just starts as usual. It's not recognizing the file, which Spy-tec has offered up as the correct update for the camera.

It seems that I'm going to have to get back in touch with them.
What's the name of the firmware that came in the camera?

It's the G1WH. In the end, I left it as it was. The camera is functioning well other than the LED light turning on occasionally, so I decided to leave well enough alone.

Yea best to to be fair the one on the Spy-tec site is a 2014 firmware as I tried it a couple of days ago as I was having problem with the 2016.0217 version thats been posted..
I've gone back to the 2015.2101 version now.... For some reason its still not as clear as the firmware that was on the Monkon camera when I had it but its the next best thing...
If i could find the Monkon firmware i would put that back on in an instant.. That one was 2015.2901.01.. Cant seem to find it anywhere...

Back