Flashing Firmware G1W

Jan

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I recently got the G1W and want to flash a new firmware. Main reason is to flip the image.

My G1W has the NT96650 processor and version 2014.0623.14.BM.

I followed the instructions as under http://dashcamtalk.com/g1w/, but when I switch on the camera, while connected to the computer it just gives me the option mass storage or PC camera. Firmware is not loaded. I assume with the remark "make sure the camera is plugged in" means the computer and not just a power source.

Any suggestions / remarks are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jan.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately that did not do the trick. When I power on the camera when connected to a power source it just switches on, but the firmware is not updated.

If it doesn't update it's because the file name is incorrect, if it doesn't see the expected file it won't run

Then what should the filename be? When I extract the zip it is FWS1088.bin.

What the file name needs to be is totally dependent on what the current firmware version expects to see

Let me re-phrase my question: Do you have any suggestions as to what the filename should be or can you point me in the direction as to where I can find it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure this has been posted previously but what the common names are for this model I'm not sure

I had a similar issue, would not update with a 64gb Samsung evo or Lexar 600x.

Stuck a transcend 32gb 300x premium in with the ls388w file renamed, flashed straight away

This was on a G1wH

I have an older G1W that I would like to use...... I don't know the name of the filename at all. I Tried loading the proper latest 2014 update for it with no joy and then I tried loading some of the later firmwares for others discussed Feb 2016 I believe. In any case nothing changes it from the 2013 firmware that is there 2013.1112.18 ???

It is a standard model, with an hdmi port and blueskysea on the front with a silver lens ring.

Back