Fog Lights-bad drivers, left lane problems

Driver44

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Dash Cam
Prestigio 565 GPS
Hey Everyone,

I am new here and I am happy to find this forum and site.
Check out my video recorded by Prestigio 565 GPS and i hope you like it.

Contains classic problems on the roads as elsewhere(FOG light users,Lef lane drivers etc.)
Thank you for your time and tell me your opinion on my video if you want.

(sorry for my bad English, i am still learning :)

https://youtu.be/zmwRlmMCxms

personally i have no problem with front fogs as long as they're aimed properly, but rear ones are annoying, especially since they're so rare in the US. basically only jags, a few mercs and some porsches have them here.

@1:53 I don't agree: avoid if possible placing yourself between two trucks (in case of sandwiching, you'll become the meat), and if you're not in Germany you're speeding :D

... they're so rare in the US
I searched on internet and indeed some people don't even know they exist: 1 light (placed on centre, or left) or 2 lights (on each side of vehicle).
They are quite useful and they may decrease the number of accidents in foggy weather.

Last edited:
Entertaining, but I am craving KFC for some reason. :)

I searched on internet and indeed some people don't even know they exist
yup. most times when i see them i assume someone is just riding the brake pedal or maybe installed an old 1157 bulb backwards so that the tail lamp circuit is powering the brighter brake filament in the bulb. or that they have wiring gremlins after a colission repair.

I think i use my fog light once every 10 years, and then it have to be really foggy, and still its no help as many Danes are happy to do 100 km/h with 20-30 M visibility.

If i am stopped even in daytime good weather on the motorway due to a accident or somthing, i turn my hazard lights on if i am last in que as i am supposed to do, but i allso pump my breakepedal like a maniac and flash my fog light in the back.
And still some ppl dont get it.

OT. yesterday Danish police pulled over a Dutch truck with 2 Hungarian drivers in it, it was more or less the first time in 6 days the truck stood still.
Each driver got a 100.000 DKkr fine, and 300.000 DKkr fine to the Dutch owner of the truck.

No wonder somtimes some poor SOB get sandwitched between 2 trucks :rolleyes:

personally i have no problem with front fogs as long as they're aimed properly, but rear ones are annoying, especially since they're so rare in the US. basically only jags, a few mercs and some porsches have them here.
You are right, but this guys use them instead of normal lights and when is rainy day, so road is much more reflective then usual and its not good to see this at you back or from opposite side of the road-shiny stars in the mirror-i dont like it :)

personally i have no problem with front fogs as long as they're aimed properly
I agree aimed and not oddly colored. People here put those blue tinted HID lights in their fog housing and they look horrible and scatter light everywhere.

but rear ones are annoying, especially since they're so rare in the US.
I like the rear fog idea. When I first bought my Camaro I tried hunting down a Euro spec bumper, but they seem really rare.
pyifCbDm.jpg

4qKEzpGm.jpg

Sadly, front fogs are abused & they are a damned nuisance. Back in the day when you had to retro-fit fog lights, they came with instructions & a visual guide - the beam was designed to be long & flat, to travel as close to the road surface as possible. Using them in thick fog, you could see how well they did their job.
Front fogs these days are the strangest thing ever. when you see them in use in thick fog, cars look to be pushing a lump of white, fluffy cloud. On the rare occasion I have used mine, it simply illuminated a lump of fog immediately in front of my bonnet! Visibility is actually worse.

Probably because the manufacturers have realized nobody uses them right and have instead refocused them to be driving lamps rather than fog lamps. Makes them more useful in everyday (or rather, every night) driving. I like yellow fog lights as they seen to cut through the soup easier and with less glare than white ones. And yes I too despise the blue hid lamps a lot of people install because of the glare they make.

OP: I didn't realize the fog light Person you were pointing out didn't have their main headlights on. I lol'd at "ricer"... Haven't heard that term used in a while.

Sadly, front fogs are abused & they are a damned nuisance. ...
and what to do if a car comes from factory with fog light turning assist (cornering lights) ? :p

and what to do if a car comes from factory with fog light turning assist (cornering lights) ? :p

Now that was confusing when I first saw it. Suddenly you had loads of cars with only one fog light showing.
It can be quite useful for other traffic - especially when people don't indicate OR when they have sidelights on and the indicator light is obscured by the brightness of the sidelight.
Maybe we could see the useless fog lights being replaced by a yellow turn assist?
I have to wonder, though, how we all managed to steer round corners in the olden days?

Back