Foggy Image of front cam

Legoaquaman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone.

I’ve got a problem that usually effects older cams. The image from my front cam is getting foggy. The fog is making my footage nearly useless (especially at night with huge halos around every light I pass). I emailed blackvue but so far all they offered was instruction on how to install an update onto the SD card for a manual update. The update didn’t do anything and I’m thinking I might have to disassemble and clean the lens. Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge on how disassemble this model so I can clean the lens from the inside?

Forgot to mention that I am a consumer and not a manufacturer. (Just got notice about the rules.)

The lens unscrews. It can be easily cleaned as can the face of the sensor to fix this problem.
The big problem is getting the focus right when you refit the lens unless you take prior precautions.
Mark the lens and the cam body so that you can get the 'within turn' position correct, and carefully count the turns that it takes to remove the lens. Write it down so that you don't forget.:eek:

Wow! Thanks for the info! I’ll be sure to post a follow up to the results.

IIRC, the front chrome ring just pings off.

You make it sound far too easy.;)

I am having this same issue and popped the outer ring off but the lens will not screw out at all. Is there any specific instructions for this as I do not want to break the cam. Any info and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

The lens has some sort of locktite stuff to stop it working lose. It probably needs a bit more 'twist' to break the seal.

Hi same issue here with my 2 ch 750s. Can I confirm the way to fix this is popping off the lens cover and unscrewing the lens?

Someone mentions a chrome ring, but my 750s does not have a chrome ring but instead a black one. Not sure if the advice above is for a different model.

Other videos online suggest opening up the camera and taking the whole lens off the PCB but clearly that is for another model as there are no screws to undo with the 750s. Another person on this forum looks like they stuffed up their camera attempting that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 3
gordonf238 DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 20
Back