Follow the light at the end of the tunnel

That guy should have put some signs further back in the tunnel.

worker probably came in from the light side and since he could see just fine, and didn't feel like walking much to "set up some stupid signs", he said " i can see them just fine, this'll do."

The lack of competence among average people is sometimes shocking. "This oughta be enuf space for them to merge."

1st, it's hard to see with the light at the end.

2nd, the sign is wrong.
It shows right lane ending.
it should be the left lane that ends.

I am going to play devils advocate here. The human eye is much, much, much better at seeing in high contrast situations like this than a dash cam. I am going to say that the driver was distracted and not paying attention. I will even go so far as to say that the owner of this video is trying to use the fact that the camera can not see as well into a high contrast situation to "cover" his own error of not paying attention.

depends on your eyes. if you have to wear glasses or contacts then you may not have such good contrast. my wife's vision at night is horrid. she says glare from oncoming headlights and sometimes even streetlights makes it hard to make out the edges of the road. meanwhile i have no trouble seeing those things even when we're sitting side by side in the car.

we're saving up to get her lasik surgery to correct her astigmatism which should help her night vision a lot.

we're saving up to get her lasik surgery to correct her astigmatism which should help her night vision a lot.

I had -4.5 and -5 with 90 degree astigmatism.
I did Lasik in 2009 and it's been great.
It was not as cheap as what they have become now and I did with the best Dr. in the country so price was not a concern when it came to my eyes. ;)
First few days really looks amazing, everything looks sharper, more color and sparkling but eyes get used to it pretty soon.
The only thing that bothers sometimes is eyes get little dry and see halo around the lights when I work long hours in front of the computer or similar eye straining activity.
I always keep artificial tears with me so that helps when that happens.

cheap might be ok for a dashcam but not for your eyes. that's why we're saving up rather than going with these $300 ones.
Cost was close to $5.5k for both eyes.
$300 like nowadays was cheap beyond imagination. That time, price per eye was around $3k.
It only takes few seconds of laser flashing when everything is said and done.

I did at Dr. Tylock in Irving (Dallas). He treated Cowboys players as well and was Lasik Dr. of the year for 4 years in a row.
Not sure if he still has that reputation or not. Also, it should be much cheaper there nowadays but they don't advertise prices or maybe they also have $299 per eye that goes up depending upon eye sight, astigmatism etc... hmm.
Shop around.
$300 doesn't mean it's bad but that price is for those who have minimum eye power to correct.
The higher power you have along with astigmatism, that $300 may double or triple even though it doesn't take any extra time on the laser.

Last edited:
I want to get my eyes laser fixed too, i cant even read a regular caliper any more, but thank god i have a digital one.
Reading books and so is no problem, but when the letters get a little smaller i am lost and have to break out the magnifying glass.

I cant do glasses, at least not sun glasses as i trow them away or just plain old break them, i have a gold plated pair of 500 dollar sunglasses lying in a Swedish river :oops:

I want to get my eyes laser fixed too, i cant even read a regular caliper any more, but thank god i have a digital one.
Reading books and so is no problem, but when the letters get a little smaller i am lost and have to break out the magnifying glass.

I cant do glasses, at least not sun glasses as i trow them away or just plain old break them, i have a gold plated pair of 500 dollar sunglasses lying in a Swedish river :oops:
Lasik doesn't fix near field that's common after 40 years of age.

Driver was definitely distracted but the video also shows a typical Russian repair procedure - "hey, let's do some maintenance in the tunnel, we'll just put a few poorly-visible (non-reflective, non-backlit) random signs on the ground a few meters away from the site, without turning off the "green arrow" lane traffic light" ;)

Back