Foodliner driver gets his adult diapers in a bunch

dash riposki

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
too many
Not much action here until the trucker gets out of the truck to throw a hissy fit.
The camcar driver was stupid to stop and get out of the car.

Thats one wound up trucker right there, cant see the camera do anything wrong changing lane.

Looks like the cammer cut in closer than he preferred. From the conversation, it sounds like it activated his auto-brakes (Foward collision control).

Aaa so thats what he is pointing at, that did confuse me somewhat.

Dident look that close from the footage, you will see much worse here.

maybe the reaction was triggered in the truck driver cuz he was already POed about that system in that traffic.
And i have to admit i think i would be pissed too if my truck keep braking itself constantly.

I don't see the sensor he is pointing to. The only system I'm familiar with is a 6x4 inch or so rectangular thing with a medium black plastic cover. There may be other systems out there.
The trucker set it off, if there is one, not the other car. They usually don't activate under 15 MPH or so, otherwise they would drive you nuts in stop and go traffic. It looks like the trucker kept his speed up, assuming the cam car would start moving again. (and it didn't)

The one I'm familiar with would just flash and beep first to give you some warning, not go into braking mode unless you continued to get closer.

There's another major manufacturer system I haven't run into, yet.

Usually they don't send an 'event report' unless the thing goes in full panic stop mode.

Maybe 'friendly trucker' has been setting off his too many times recently?

I don't see one of the commercial camera systems in the truck, which would have also sent in the video 10-20 seconds before the event, and 10-20 seconds after.

That type of tanker hauls dry products, like flour, salt, etc. He was probably late getting to the twinkie factory. :)

Volvo trucks have automatic braking and other countries are looking at getting trucks with FCM (forward collision mitigation).

So far in the US it's an option on new trucks, or installed aftermarket. Some of the commercial, aftermarket systems are pretty awful, and it's possible to link together various commercial systems that don't work well, to create a complex system that works much worse. (lane holding, tailgating, camera, stability control, speed,etc.) The front collision avoidance system in itself I never had a major problem with, since I drive pretty modestly, but once it was coupled with the internal truck GPS, stability control, video,and other electronic systems that were inaccurate to downright worthless, it became a personal nightmare.

People are happy about the 'robot' truck in the news, but won't be so happy when the default method of the truck dealing with obstacles or traffic wierdness is slowing down, or stopping. 'why is that big truck stopping there?' (Bang!)

one would hope that the new robotrucks (and all self-driving vehicles for that matter) are completely and properly integrated rather than being a mish-mash of systems that don't play nice.

Don't get your hopes up. The infrastructure doesn't exist in the US for totally driverless trucks, and would be years away.

None of us may be driving anything by the time they get this sorted out.

The future will have driver-less vehicles that have "hacker-proof" wireless communications that are controlled by government agencies. No crashes possible and no congestion !!

With the few makes and models I use at work, the auto brake only occurs if you have cruise on, or if you take a corner too fast. I dont know if I was manually using the gas pedal and sped up on an stopped vehicle if it would engage. I dont think it will. IMO, the trucker over reacted a bit for such slow traffic. They were probably doing 35-40 and the cammer was right at 1.5 secs in front of the truck. Thats not worth getting upset about.
Now this, is worth getting upset about. This idiot had over 2 miles of a lane and decided to jump out in front of me causing me to go from 72 to 55!! At least the asshole used their blinker, other wise it mightve turned out bad for them.

You were probably hard to see :rolleyes: Many people have forgotten how to turn their heads.

Angry trucker points to his auto brake system?
This the same system that DIDN'T kick in when he was hooning up the camcar's backside before they all stopped?

Back