Formatting of microSD card

Thanks I'll give it ago . Just one thing you say at stage 5 wait for update to complete ? Is there an ordable noise or voice to tell you it's done .

I did this awhile ago. But I think I remember it actually saying updating.
Then when it's complete t reboots. And says continues recording will now start

From reading your reply the only thing I didn't do when I puting the sd card back in the camera was to format it ! Could this be the problem ?. I'm off work now for a few days so I'll have a play to see what is going on .
If the camera has been working (recording video) then actually no, I don't think formatting the card is necessarily the problem. However to make sure that you are doing everything possible to allow it to do the firmware update, it is a good idea. From memory there is indeed a voice message stating that the update is complete.

Hi guys ' right i,m getting frustrated with this now ! i have spent the last 2 hours plus trying to sort this firm ware and speed camera down loads done .Is there a dummies guide to this as i feel the info regarding the down loads it pointless . when i insert the card into my mac i can bring up vairous files in settings as below . Do I have to unzip the download 4 times and put it in each of theses file. I,m sure I,m not doing something wrong here. Can anyone advise me ? Thanks

Unzip the downloaded file into the root directory of your MicroSD Card.

[SD_ROOT]:/X500_pkg.bin

[SD_ROOT]:/MicomFirmware.hex

[SD_ROOT]:/Setting/default.cfg

[SD_ROOT]:/X500_Setting.exe

I downloaded f750_3_1.00.15.zip, extracted it and placed F750_pkg.bin (and driveinfo & setting folders) in the root of the SD card, inserted it and powered on. I do not get any "upgrade will now start" message, just the usual "continuous recording will now start". I've tried using the SD card that came with the camera . The camera appears to to working in every other way ok . My memory card is a 64gig thinkware one and i have copied dual save to it.

Last edited:
I can only suggest you contact Thinkware about it (support.uk@thinkware.com).

Thanks Dippy I took your advise and called thechnical surpport all sorted now :)) . I must say very impressed with there surpport team . Nothing was too much trouble . Would recommend.

To be honest it was a simple fix. All it was was the way that I was trying to place the update files in sd card and merging the files . I don't no why but I went through it with the tech guy last night and it didn't update so I called back today and more or less did the same thing but in a diffident order and it all worked . I put the sd card in the camera and powered it up and I can confirm it says updating . This can take upto 15 mins . Just got to test it out tomorrow as back on shift ;-)

Back