Forum Bug - Is it just me?

Jack_xD

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W
Hi. Since 2 days or so i have just a little problem with the Forum.

I use automaticly login, but everytime i come back i have to re-login again. So the automaticly login didnt work anymore. Is it just me or is it a Forum bug?

Greetings :D

doing the same for me too, have noticed there's been a few updates recently so maybe related, clearing cookies may help (I haven't tried this myself but it could be worth a try)

I do like that there is a proper mobile version now (much appreciated DCM) which I've been using a bit, will be helpful when I'm back in China where I'm not in front of a computer as much as I am when I'm in Australia

Hi. Ok i cleared the cookies from Dashcamtalk. I will see tomorrow if it worked :)

Greetings Alex

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I made a few changes to the site in the last few days. Added a consistent header menu across the entire site. That way if someone comes to the forum from Google, they can see the other sections available on the overall site. I also added a mobile style to the forum like jokiin mentioned.

These may have caused a problem. However, I just tested this out with Firefox and Internet Explorer and it seems to be working (assuming you don't log out).

Let me know if clearing the cookies helps or I will investigate further.

I had the same problem, i noticed that problem next morning at first start.
Now i cleared cookies, restarted computer and at least now it worked, i was logged in automatically.
And i use chrome browser.

Hmm strange. After clearing cookies it still didnt worked :/

Hi Jack_xD,

What browser are you using?

Hi. Im using the actual Firefox v19.0 :)

Update to previous.
After closing computer for a longer time browser asks me to login again, so that cookie trick didn't help.

But that's not so simple, because i DID NOT log in, and still message tag (that blue stripe in my messages) showed me that i'm online, even though i wasn't.

First post, Hi to everybody!

A great Thank You to DashCamMan for having started this very informative blog and to all the other really kind and helpful users all over the world.

I am writing here because when registering for the account I was asked with the "Location" field to be filled but it was not showing up, until I switched from the mobile layout to the desktop one. Then I could see it and complete registration.
I was using Firefox 20 beta on a Samsung galaxy Tab with Android 3.2.

All the Best,
FezTheFez

Thanks for letting me know about the log-in issue. I think that is due to the wordpress and forum integration. I will need to investigate that further. I am debating going back to the "old style" until the bugs are worked out.

Also thanks for letting me know about registering with the mobile style. I will need to update that registration page. Hopefully I can get to it soon.

Just wanted to provide an update on the registration screen for the mobile style. I was able to update it to show location. Should work now. Thanks FezTheFez for pointing this out!

As for the logout issue, I will need to investigate that further unfortunately :(

Since I don't have time to troubleshoot the header and cookie problem, I decided to revert back to the old header. If you had problem with getting logged out, clear your cookies and try again. Hopefully that solves the problem.

The mobile style is still in use and I hope it doesn't cause problems.

DashCamMan said:
Since I don't have time to troubleshoot the header and cookie problem, I decided to revert back to the old header. If you had problem with getting logged out, clear your cookies and try again. Hopefully that solves the problem.

The mobile style is still in use and I hope it doesn't cause problems.

the mobile version has been working well since you changed whatever you did to the header, thank you

hI. Seems like the bug is fixed :) My autologin works again

Back