Forum registration problems?

Rick127

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I originally tried to register to forum using my normal Yahoo email, but forum would NOT send me email confirmation? So Had to use my Hotmail that I did not want to use here. Try and get back to Yahoo. Have a Blackvue dashcam about 11 years old, rear cam does not work and problems with Magic Pro. So thinking of buying the Nextbase 622GW, the package deal on their website, with 256 gb SSD card. Any views please?

Welcome to the forum Rick127

A Nextbase system will for sure not last that long, not even half of that.
For the most due to the battery in them swelling up

Unfortunately I have to agree.

Nextbase seem to have the most problems here with failing batteries and the need to almost continually format the SDCards to keep them working.

I originally tried to register to forum using my normal Yahoo email, but forum would NOT send me email confirmation? So Had to use my Hotmail that I did not want to use here. Try and get back to Yahoo. Have a Blackvue dashcam about 11 years old, rear cam does not work and problems with Magic Pro. So thinking of buying the Nextbase 622GW, the package deal on their website, with 256 gb SSD card. Any views please?
In agreeance with the others above.

Save yourself the heartache and get yourself something from viofo. Reliable, and they have the after sales support to back it up.

In agreeance with the others above.

Save yourself the heartache and get yourself something from viofo. Reliable, and they have the after sales support to back it up.
Do they have the best after sales support? All I have herard is very mixed reviews on the support. If anything goes wrong, you need to send back to China, wait 2 weeks...then wait another 2 weeks to come back...and then some problems seem to keep going. I am in the market for a dashcam but I am very confused right now on what to get. Even Blackvue get ****ted on on forums, you tube etc...unless they are the affiliates.
I have had a Street Guardian for 5 years, hasnt skipped a beat. Do street Guardian even need to be considered?

Do they have the best after sales support? All I have herard is very mixed reviews on the support. If anything goes wrong, you need to send back to China, wait 2 weeks...then wait another 2 weeks to come back...and then some problems seem to keep going. I am in the market for a dashcam but I am very confused right now on what to get. Even Blackvue get ****ted on on forums, you tube etc...unless they are the affiliates.
I have had a Street Guardian for 5 years, hasnt skipped a beat. Do street Guardian even need to be considered?
They are quick onto issues, bugs and problems that customers face here on DCT. And a lot of their official support channels

Street Guardian price has gone up heaps over the years and they haven't even updated their cameras. Old crappy sensors etc. Blackvue used to be good but seems to be baffling implements of the newest tech in their latest models.

I've had a119 v1/v2/v3 and bought it for folks I know, haven't skipped a beat. You're right it is a hassle to send it back to China, unfortunately it's a necessary evil but I would 100% buy Viofo every time.

Most Viofo issues have been bad wiring/wires or bad or incompatible/slow sdcards

There was a thread here a while ago where the owner had sent back 4 Viofo dashcams only for us to diagnose a third party power wire not up to the job

Back