Forum

Yeah thats a big ass mosh / mud pit too, you really want to bring your wellingtons for one of these parties and then hope you dont need them.
Personally i have never been, simply too many people and too little comfort.
Tuborg ( the beer brand ) have some roaming concerts here during the summer called Green concert, those are just 1 day events and that i could deal with is it wasent for all the drunk people.

Last concert i was at was Ozzy Osbourne in Copenhagen in the late 80ties. when iron man came up my amphetamine and alcohol and cannabis fuled body jumped up and i landed some 5-6 rows further down on the steep bleachers we had pretty much to our self.
The venue burned down a few years back but are now rebuild.
Aside for going to work and so me needing to go to Copenhagen airport it was also the last time i was in that town.

Yeah thats a big ass mosh / mud pit too, you really want to bring your wellingtons for one of these parties and then hope you dont need them.
At Glastonbury the wellingtons don't really help, they get stuck in the mud, and since it is in July it is warm enough that many people just go barefoot!

welly%20henge_0.jpg

Not many 'open-air' music festivals here anymore :( The Cops don't like having more possibly-provoked masses than they have bullets, and the legal environment is such that if someone gets hurt they will keep suing different people till they win a settlement :mad: Even the more sedate Bluegrass and Jazz festivals have declined to near none :cry:
I worked sound at two small rock music festivals here which raised money for the Red Cross about 25 years ago. Promotion was mostly word-of-mouth, 100 strategically placed flyers, and we were at a campground so far up in the hills that there was little chance of any local folks being bothered or offended. It was awesome; nobody got hurt and everyone treated each other like family so if you ran out of food or needed assistance people would share or help out. Just local bands, but all the best local and regional bands were there. We raised about $4K total which was amazing when you consider that we pulled it all together with a zero budget and 2 months lead-time. Personality clashes between some of the key people ended things there, but the public was clamoring for more as were most of us volunteers. Almost no site clean-up afterward; everyone had bagged their trash (and any other trash they found) and brought it to the stage as we'd asked them to. One of the best experiences of my life :cool:

Phil

Not many 'open-air' music festivals here anymore :( The Cops don't like having more possibly-provoked masses than they have bullets, and the legal environment is such that if someone gets hurt they will keep suing different people till they win a settlement :mad: Even the more sedate Bluegrass and Jazz festivals have declined to near none :cry:

Well, there's Coachella and Lollapalooza. And this site lists "100+ of the Best Music Festivals in the United States this Summer 2019"

Also: https://www.musicfestivalwizard.com/festival-guide/us-festivals/

Last edited:
I played guitar for 55 years and the DJ here in the states was the down fall of local bands. I played in different bands through the years I always told myself once this becomes a job I will quit, and that is what happened. We did all classic rock. If you do it for the money it will not pay. I have not played out in over 10 years and I do not miss it. Maybe it was a combination of me not drinking so the party was over. Now I have a herd of guitars and amps that I need to start selling. My son will get some of them. I still have the Fender Jaq my Dad bought me in 1964. We were playing at the New York Worlds Fair at that time, now we are going way back

Drums here, mostly other musicians stuff / jamming, when the other guys became serious i told them to find another drummer.
Also do a little strings, and i have a collection of harps as Blues have always been big with me.

I really find the piano awsome, thats what i would choose in a met a music genie and got one wish to play anything you want.

You cracked me up about piano, my son studied piano all the way through college, taking music as a minor. I feel once you learn piano well, it opens up more instruments for you to play. My son self taught himself guitar and he plays well. I hauled him around when he played in bands when he was in high school and college. So I agree, if you play piano many of the other instruments are easier to learn and play.

and i have a collection of harps
What does a Danish harp look like?
I thought it was a Celtic instrument rather than a Viking one...

torin1.jpg

Not that kind of harp, i also call them spit organs, most of them of the brand Hohner.
blues-harp-box.jpg

I play the radio and I'm pretty good with it :ROFLMAO:

I attempted to play the bass guitar for some years, but my hearing is so shot now there's no hope for me ever doing anything with it and besides all my gear was sold long ago. I do wish I hadn't sold my old Fender Bassman amp- they get insane prices for those nowadays.

Phil

Last night A police station was bombed, and the guys are using industrial explosives, about 1 KG a pop as for now they seem to just make BOOM statements.

EBkkUOaW4AAzgzo.jpg

I think someone have declared war on Denmark, this is the 9 explosion like this just this year ( Sweden have way more than us )

Aint cultural enrichment nice. :cautious:

Back