Found Yi Cam - file size limitation address

The problem with larger files is if the camera freezes or something like taht, you will loose more video or even everything you were recording.

I don't understand the attraction of massive files, they can be stitched together seamlessly afterwards anyway

I post this just for fun. Normally, it's recommended to save to small files for post-edit

The problem with larger files is if the camera freezes or something like taht, you will loose more video or even everything you were recording.
With this I agree, but still interesting to try :)

anyone managed to get a script working that sets the size per file to 4GB on firmware 1.2.12?

Nope when I use this:

# fw version 1.2.6
# set file size to 4GB
sleep 3
writew 0xC0396E64 0x2004
sleep 1
# use this on your own risk !

on 1.2.12 the camera is getting in a loop, but I know it' because there are differences because of this hex values.

Please AndyBig and luckylz please decode for us those values for 1.2.12. Thanks in advance guys !

@cpurage
Code:
# fw 1.2.12 (not yet test)
# set file size to 4GB
writew 0xC03A8620 0x2004

I have formatted exFat but the Xiaomi during boot up beeps for errors, so in FAT32 I can't write over 2gb?

I have formatted exFat but the Xiaomi during boot up beeps for errors, so in FAT32 I can't write over 2gb?
You can write until 4GB with FAT32.

I really don't get your point ? Why the heck you are using exFAT instead of video files of 3.66GB with FAT32, so my answer to your "...I can't write over 2gb" is "Then try to not cancel the video, leave it to record for about 10-14 minutes and you'll see that the first generated file will be 3.66GB :)"

4GB limit is for fat32, and if exfat means no limit for file size. don't make confuse about these 2 formats.

Did someone tested this script with "L" firmwares?

Did someone tested this script with "L" firmwares?

For others interested, I have just tried with 23L and it works fine:

Code:
# fw 1.2.6 (tested ok by @luckylz)
writew 0xC0396E64 0x2004

# fw 1.2.12 (tested ok by @cpurage)
writew 0xC03A8620 0x2004

# fw 1.2.13 (tested ok by @gente)
writew 0xC03A8520 0x2004

Did a 2k recording and files were broken into 3.93gb files :)

hi,

Is it possible to have no filesize limitation with the yi? I tried this...

Code:
writew 0xC03A8520 0x8012
//32GB

but the CAM restarts (crash) after reaching a file size of 4GB. The filesystem of my sdcard is exfat.

How do I edit the firmware? Because when I downloaded the firmware it only 1 file and it was .bin not .a7s, my firmware is v1.56 and my xiaomi is z26L, I want to make it be able to record 4gb instead 2gb.

Sorry but I'm triying to learn all this stuff... I already edited the bitrate to 35mbps from a 22l - 1.5.6 firmware. But I could not find the tool to open HEX value in the PRI.a7s file, wich program do I have to use to find and edit it? Thanks guys!!!

Back