FOV for A118

randy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukas lk-7900 Ace (2), Mobius C2
Is the field of view really 170 for the 118? And 160 for the 119? Or is that marketing fluff....I need an interior cam with a really wide FOV that I am going to sit on my dash facing me. Thanks for any input!

not 170°, it's around 125° horizontal from memory, 170 is the max diagonal view of the lens, not the achieved result

not 170°, it's around 125° horizontal from memory, 170 is the max diagonal view of the lens, not the achieved result

Okay thank you jokiin!! So does that mean a möbius c2 saying it has a 131 is lower? Which camera can I get that has the highest FOV?

I don't know what measurement Mobius use, most only ever quote diagonal figures, the majority of those quote the lens spec rather than the actual FOV so it's confusing to say the least

if you want to use it as an interior cam though how well it performs in that mode will ultimately be far more important than how wide the lens is, no point having the widest lens if it can't render video correctly in that situation

Okay, I was looking for one to be an interior cam but at the same time have the ability to see out the two front windows in my jeep....so I wouldn't need side cams. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on that I would love to hear???? thanks again!!

Okay, I was looking for one to be an interior cam but at the same time have the ability to see out the two front windows in my jeep....so I wouldn't need side cams. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on that I would love to hear???? thanks again!!
The real trick there will be getting a camera that can expose the interior and exterior well. On a bright day either the windows will be overexposed and washed out OR the interior will be a dark blob while the windows are good.

The real trick there will be getting a camera that can expose the interior and exterior well. On a bright day either the windows will be overexposed and washed out OR the interior will be a dark blob while the windows are good.

that's the bigger issue, I'd be looking at that as the deciding factor rather than field of view

Is the field of view really 170 for the 118? And 160 for the 119? Or is that marketing fluff....I need an interior cam with a really wide FOV that I am going to sit on my dash facing me. Thanks for any input!
Normally the FOV we declared is the max diagonal, not the HFOV.
The lens FOV is different with different sensor.

The A118C 170 FOV is not enough for you?

Normally the FOV we declared is the max diagonal, not the HFOV.
The lens FOV is different with different sensor.

The A118C 170 FOV is not enough for you?

Okay gotcha. Well I am not sure...I am definitely getting an interior cam. I want to order one that can sit on my dash but face me inside of my jeep. I was hoping I could get one that could have a wide enough FOV that it would see out my two front windows as well. I've been looking for a week and can't figure it out. I was looking at the a118, the vantrue x2, and the möbius c2. I understand it may not be the greatest quality as that was pointed out in above posts...but I want one :D

to be honest the Mobius is probably the most suitable of the models you have mentioned

Thanks. I didn't necessarily want those 3 in particular, I just saw they had the wide FOV. I may just go ahead and try the möbius unless someone says different.

once it gets sorted the Mobius 2 would probably be good for what you want, the type of WDR they are doing is better for this type of scenario, right now it doesn't work very well at all so not a model I'd suggest, if they can sort this though it could turn out to be a really good option as an interior use camera

once it gets sorted the Mobius 2 would probably be good for what you want, the type of WDR they are doing is better for this type of scenario, right now it doesn't work very well at all so not a model I'd suggest, if they can sort this though it could turn out to be a really good option as an interior use camera

Okay, so is there one on the current market that you would suggest?

Back