foxoffer G1WH battery capacity

yes,due to limited space inside camera Mother Board,we recommend 40x30x5mm will be ok!

What type of battery did you end up using as a 400mAh? Is this one or that one better?

Neither, I got it locally.

Hello. Does anybody know, what is the max size of the battery that we can fit into G1WH ? I am talking about dimensions in mm. I can buy some batteries, but do not know what size they must be. The best is 40x30x5mm cause they are like 500mah up to 650mah.

I don't recall the exact dimensions but that does sound about right.

I think that its possible that you have a misunderstanding about the battery capacity. Did I see that there 2 180mah cells there? It appeared from the photo that might be the case. If you have 2 3.7v 180mah cells wired in parallel , you actually get 360mah capacity and 3.7volts . If you have 2 wired in series you get 7.4v and 180mah. So the capacity of 360mah is correct to the specifications on the G1WH.

http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_battery_wiring.html

Last edited:
I think that its possible that you have a misunderstanding about the battery capacity. Did I see that there 2 180mah cells there? It appeared from the photo that might be the case. If you have 2 3.7v 180mah cells wired in parallel , you actually get 360mah capacity and 3.7volts . If you have 2 wired in series you get 7.4v and 180mah. So the capacity of 360mah is correct to the specifications on the G1WH.

http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_battery_wiring.html

*Facepalm* are you for real o_O? I think you need to re-read the whole thread.

my mistake i admit that I was skimming through.

What exact super capacitor did you use? I'd like to do the same to my g1wh. The current battery only lasts 3-5 seconds after the car shuts off!

Which one is best to buy for G1WH?? 400mAh? 500mAh??

Anyone else has tested with capacitors ?
It seems that @pitabread has gone somewhere else :D

I started by removing the battery off one of the G1WH and replaced it with two 2.7v supercapacitor in series.
The original battery is 3,7V.
Why using a 5,4V capacitor ?

Anyone else has tested with capacitors ?
It seems that @pitabread has gone somewhere else :D
I wouldn't risk it. The G1W-C firmwares may not work in the H and you need them to manage the way the capacitor powers the camera or you'll end up with the Corrupted Last File Syndrome. ;)

I don't plan to flash the G1WH with a capacitor firmware.
Already bricked a G1W ;)

As @pitabread said before, he managed to make the G1WH work with capacitor without flashing the firmwarE.

As @pitabread said before, he managed to make the G1WH work with capacitor without flashing the firmwarE.
I re-read the whole thread and he never said he managed to make it work (as in working normally for a long period of time), he only said it didn't corrupt the last file. As I understand it, the H's firmware is designed to charge a battery when power is applied to the camera, so I don't know if a capacitor pack that charges in seconds (as opposed to the longer time it takes to charge a battery pack) will create some "confusion" in the firmware's battery charging management.

I think I will better buy a new battery every year, easy to replace.
The shutdown time is a bit too long I think for capacitors, with original firmware.

I've done a lot of experimentation with installing super-capacitors in a battery based Novatek/AR0330 camera and even though I got it to work very well for weeks or then even months at a time, eventually it failed twice with two different sets of capacitors. Unless the camera's firmware is designed to accommodate super-capacitors it will not work long term. The best I could figure out was that the super-capacitors will be stressed beyond their design limits and will fail eventually, even if you use a balancing resistor.

I may eventually try flashing my GT680W with the G1W-C firmware as suggested by @jokiin but for the time being that project is on the back burner.

Where are people sourcing replacement batteries? I would like to pick one up to try to revive a dead GW1H. Thanks much!!

You can find some on eBay or Aliexpress.
Search for 3,7V 320mAh or 180mAh

Just thought I'd share that I replaced my batter in my G1W yesterday. Over the past couple months I noticed it not shutting down properly unless I drove for a really long time, corrupting the last file, etc.

I was looking at a couple hobby shops for the battery but decided to check Amazon. This was a little more expensive but I had it the next day (thanks Prime!). So far so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00TX5XI5W

Just thought I'd share that I replaced my batter in my G1W yesterday. Over the past couple months I noticed it not shutting down properly unless I drove for a really long time, corrupting the last file, etc.

I was looking at a couple hobby shops for the battery but decided to check Amazon. This was a little more expensive but I had it the next day (thanks Prime!). So far so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00TX5XI5W
That looks exactly like the batteries for my Syma X5-C quadcopter.
Same voltage but higher mah.

1.any news from the capacitors mod? had anyone succeeded in this mod?
2.if not.. please recommend a battery replacement...
3.any new firmware for the g1wh? what's new?

Back