Front facing cam recommendations please!

Zachgee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I hope you are all able to help me. I have spent the entire day having a looking at YouTube and Google on different reviews and to be honest I really am not getting anywhere. With every positive review is a negative and I have no idea what to do.

Okay, so currently I have a very very basic dash cam. It’s ok and does the job but I want something a bit easier to use so came across the WiFi options where they connect to your phone. Then went down the Next base rabbit hole and just found them a tad expensive. Then had a look at Red Tiger, Vantrue and MiVue but equally had very mixed reviews.

So, I am looking for something in the £100-£150 range that is WiFi, front facing only and any other features you recommend. Seen night vision, polarising and all sorts but am trusting you guys are likely to know or at least point me in the direction!

Hope you can help, thankyou and merry Christmas.

Apologies, I also want to hard wire it as not sure if that makes a major difference!

Get the sale price quick (2 days left), that is good value... under your budget until you add the hardwire kit (make sure you buy the right one).

It is the most popular single channel dash cam around here!

I recommend getting the CPL too, can make a big difference if you have a lot of dashboard reflections in the windscreen.

had very mixed reviews.
Don't trust reviews on Amazon, they don't work for dashcams, far too many fake reviews both positive and negative ones, and hardly any real ones!

It didn’t seem to come up with a code!
3-3.jpg

Nonetheless could you please advise me what a cpl is please? Thankyou!
It stands for Circular Polariser Filter ... even if that doesn't quite make sense!

It works like polarised sunglasses/driving glasses, blocking out reflections off the glass and off the road surface so that you get a clearer image. The reflections are always horizontally polarised, so can easily be blocked by a vertically polarised filter.

Thankyou very much! I have just purchased with the CPL and hardwire kit.
Excited to see how it gets on

It stands for Circular Polariser Filter ... even if that doesn't quite make sense!

It works like polarised sunglasses/driving glasses, blocking out reflections off the glass and off the road surface so that you get a clearer image. The reflections are always horizontally polarised, so can easily be blocked by a vertically polarised filter.
Thankyou so much for your help and knowledge. I will post an update when I receive

Always good to hear how people get on, what is it that you are replacing?

There are quite a lot of people that say that the Mini 2 currently has the best night vision available, at any price, it is using the latest Sony image sensor, and has about the best implementation of HDR. (High Dynamic Range) of any dashcam, so you shouldn't be disappointed.

Back