Frustrated beyond belief with getting Files off BlackVue

Definitely the opinion of Blackvue :mad:.. the best way though would be to have a simple WiFi connection to your LAN.. and have it as easy as sharing files on that network.

I know .. but my parking spot is just not close enough for that.

Definitely the opinion of Blackvue :mad:.. the best way though would be to have a simple WiFi connection to your LAN.. and have it as easy as sharing files on that network.

... only useful for people who use parking mode in their garage and need to download videos off their dashcam from far away. For many people, the app works fine with the dashcam and they do not need the camera to act like a media server on their home network.

... only useful for people who use parking mode in their garage and need to download videos off their dashcam from far away. For many people, the app works fine with the dashcam and they do not need the camera to act like a media server on their home network.
I doubt many folk that use "parking mode" turn the system off when they park in their garage. So.. with functional WiFi (LAN) those folk "could" if they wanted.. download or view the days events. And.. there are still folk out there that do not have a "app".

The BlackVue app really is a rather sad thing that is misleading, confusing and just plain missing simple features.
So you want to get your 20 minute commute into a video. In 2018-19 this would normally be easy, but not with BlackVue.

Getting the videos from the camera to the phone's internal storage is mostly straight forward. Eventually. The ability to select several videos, since the BlackVue solution is to record 1 min long video segments, requires you pick some 20-30 videos for the effort. Then figuring out which menu option does that .. nope, not the one you thought.. thats the 'select all' button so now you have everything selected, cancel and try again... and each time its sooo slow to pick which videos... but eventually by trial and error you figure out which of the app buttons does what .

So then you have them on the phone - in the app's own storage space. No good, not in the iOS Camera Roll yet. So switch the app to internal memory mode, ok, one would think that there would be a way to quickly select the segments and tell the app to export or move them to the camera roll. Nope. There is a 'move' option on a video, but that doesn't move them out of the BlackVue app space; I'm guessing its for moving within the app's storage space, where you can also create folders. Who and why would any one futz around with copies inside of the BlackVue app space? So there is a 'share', which seems the right thing (no idea why move to camera roll isn't an option).. BUT that is on a single clip-by-clip basis. If you select the ... menu in the top of the list, the one that would apply to all videos at once, there is no share. Just the uselss copy/move/new folder choices that work on the clips inside the App's own storage area. So you apparently need to 'share' them, one slow clip at a time, over and over. for 30 videos. Are you Fing Kidding me BlackVue developers?

No one, really no one, wants to set up a set of directories under the app's internal space to manage that storage area - maybe on android, but not iOS. What I imagine almost everyone wants to do is quickly and with the least amount of App button presses, is get a selected set of several video clips OUT of the app and onto the Camera Roll so one can then work with it in iMovie to add some titles, add sound track and push to YouTube or some other shareing solution. How does this App not have a way to bulk-export-to-camera-roll ?

Bet they all use Androids as only people in North America do not think that the Apple Koolaid is overpriced and under-featured. Me .. I use an iPhone 4S and will wait until my sister upgrades her phone for my next one. I happen to be a developer myself .. and well it is not the best but not the worst I have ever seen. Oh .. I almost never use my phone so don't care all that much now as I will deal with it in the event of a crash .. otherwise I ignore the Blackvue.

Most people serious about routinely grabbing the videos off the camera use their home (or work) WiFi and one of the free 3rd-party apps out there to suck down all your new videos. I wrote my own, but there are a couple posted on this site that do much the same thing.
I have a Droid and iThing, and I find BV's mobile apps to be generally useless anyway, other than maybe a quick peek at a one-off video or a quick tweak of Settings.

I think that most people serious about grabbing video would buy a video camera? Horses and courses spring to mind.:love:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 12
Back