fw 20150504

hyperhamster

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Just received a new 0806 with 20150504 v1. What is that? I could not find it and any description for it. Not sure if i can upgrade to anything else.
Did anybody faced with that fw?

Maybe its a version that was never released into the 'wild'.

You should be able to upgrade (or indeed downgrade) to any firmware for the 0806.

Maybe its a version that was never released into the 'wild'.

You should be able to upgrade (or indeed downgrade) to any firmware for the 0806.
This is May-4 FW, what is the latest one? The one for test purpose? May-12

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a version with Russian menus?

It will be based on the March version, maybe just with different logo if not with extra language.

There is not much changed since the March version, you could try this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0806firmware-150323-dct-custom-bitrate-version.11232/
I have English menu running, but in Languages i see two: Eng & Russian. So means this is March version with modification for Russian language?
Btw, the link you provided, so was 24mb/s rate tested on hot weather on real conditions? I've migrated from 0803 which i believe dead just because overheating...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have English menu running, but in Languages i see two: Eng & Russian. So means this is March version with modification for Russian language?
That would make sense.
Btw, the link you provided, so was 24mb/s rate tested on hot weather on real conditions? I've migrated from 0803 which i believe dead just because overheating...
Yes, several people have been using it for over a month now, it is less than 1 degree C warmer than standard, still a lot cooler than the 0803.

Thanks a lot, i will upgrade version on the next week. I would get some experience first on the stock firmware. Thanks a lot for clarification!

FW & cam are tailored for UK/German summer conditions... If I remember well the tests were run with official march FW on several recording and charging units placed in an oven at 60°c... One SD card melt a bit and one LCD temporarily shut off but no cam crashed nor melt !

BTW Your battery or lens focus would certainly be the first to suffer at this temp...
So Unless you live in a really sunny country you should simply avoid letting the cam under direct sunlight.

Look for Ragman's thread on 4th batch if you want more information on the test ;-)

Back