G-sensor Configuration

RaffRaff

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR650S-2CH
Help!!! Does anyone know the orientation of the LK-7900's 3-axis accelerometer?

I'm guessing the x-axis is the normal (pointing to the floor and the sky), the y-axis points to the left/right (ie driver and passenger side windows) and the z-axis points out the windshield.

I'm trying to adjust the g-sensor settings so that I wont set off event recording while I'm driving my SUV in heavy stop-n-go Manhattan traffic. I know that the three dimensions aren't independent of each other - they interact and hybridize - but once I can verify the sensor orientation inside the camera, I can start messing with the custom settings.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks much everyone!

PS - the LK-5900 manual mentions that you can adjust the camera position by using the z-axis value. So that means that one of my guesses is correct.

Last edited:
I don't know for sure but I would guess a would be form front to back of the cameras focus center. Y would be left to right and Z would be vertical. Many a flight simulator are set up this was.

Hey RaffRaff (or anyone else who can answer).... I recently bought the LK-7900 and am having the same issues with the event settings (I'm in NYC too);

Did you ever come up with a favorable configuration?

Thanks in advance!

The G sensor ( at least in my lk 7500 ) are pretty sensetive even set to low, i had to enter custom values to stop it from making event recordings all the time.

In the end i just turned off the G sensor as i dont feel like i need it when i am recording all the time anyway.

You can see how high the shocks is in any given axis in using the lukas viewer, and then enter slightly higher custom values in settings.

I would imagine NYC potholes give quite a jolt :D

Thanks for the reply kamkar1... No joke, the sensors are extremely sensitive (and the potholes/crappy patches wreak havoc on them). In the viewer, half of my commute are logged as events!

I was hoping to create a custom configuration so, if I should have a real "event", it would be permanently saved. I'll probably end up doing as you did, and just turning the sensors off... The SD card I'm using is large enough that I shouldn't have to worry about losing the recording.

Thanks again!

Yeah. only problem with a lot of event recordings is that the camera cant delete them to free up space, event recordings can only be deleted by you on the computer.
So if you where to get a lot of them you could "choke" the memorycard with them leaving no room for regular recordings.

But as i said you can see how bad jolts you are getting in the lukas viewer ( when playing a file with it ) and in the player you can allso enter custom values for all 3 axis to minimize the ammount of event recordings.

But disabeling G sensor is no problem in my eyes, if you get nudged by another car or the suicidal NYC bicycle riders the microfone will pick up your swearing ( if you have microfone enabled ) or you could just press the event button on the camera to save the incident, just be avare the camera only have about 10 seconds of prebuffer and will record the event for another 30 seconds or so after you pressed the button.

Thanks for the reply kamkar1... No joke, the sensors are extremely sensitive (and the potholes/crappy patches wreak havoc on them). In the viewer, half of my commute are logged as events!

I was hoping to create a custom configuration so, if I should have a real "event", it would be permanently saved. I'll probably end up doing as you did, and just turning the sensors off... The SD card I'm using is large enough that I shouldn't have to worry about losing the recording.

Thanks again!
I had the same problem with 9700 duo as every pot hole, stop sign or horn honking would get the gsensor to record. I was lucky as the update for the box fixed that problem. I checked my events after the update and the card was clean. Also tested the gsensor by my wife and I slamming the door at the same time and did set the gsensor to record. So I'm quite content that the box is working as it should with the update.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
randy LK-7900 3
Admiraal_Amsterdam LK-7900 8
Back