G-Sensor sensitivity for parking mode?

Erling

Reaction score
Country
Norway
My 650-2CH records to much while parked at night. 40 people sharing garage and every time the lights goes on/off it records.

My car is parked in the middle so all the other car passes mine while driving in/out.

Settings is 20 for all values, I guess it´s factory default?

Any idea how to find better values? I don´t need to record everything...

Thanks.

In Parking Mode, turn the Motion Sensitivity OFF (Value=0 ??) and bump up the G Sensor to around 80 - works well on mine

Thanks, I will try it.

Motion Sensitivity OFF - where is that setting? It´s late... :eek:

Thanks, I will try it.

Motion Sensitivity OFF - where is that setting? It´s late... :eek:
Can be done in\BlackVue\Config\confi.ini or it the advance tab of settings shown on page 36 of the manual which is the Doc folder

Attachments

• Blackvue_manual.JPG
    Blackvue_manual.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 18
Just a heads up, you probably wouldn't get a video though if your car is keyed by doing that. I doubt that would trigger the g-sensor.

KS-Man, thanks. I´m trying to find a middle-way here. Any suggestions?

I want to record the things close to my car, not every movement during the night.

With the insane sensitivity settings the parking mode is a pretty useless feature in my opinion.

Unfortunately I don't know of any middle ground. Just wanted you to know that consequences of turning off the motion. I agree with Ralph that the parking mode feature would be much better with a better understanding of motion detection. I still use my parking mode as it doesn't record in my garage. It will at any other parking lot but I have a 64gb card and a Tesla so the battery isn't much of an issue for me. It would definitely suck though trying to find the right video if anything ever happened while I was parked at work.

Thanks to you both, Tesla isn´t my kind of car... But if they make a SUV perhaps...

I think if you put your name on the reserve list now for the SUV you might be able to get it before the turn of the decade...:)

Can be done in\BlackVue\Config\confi.ini or it the advance tab of settings shown on page 36 of the manual which is the Doc folder

Hi, I have reduced it to 10. And also adjusted the other values:

PARKINGSENSOR1=30
PARKINGSENSOR2=30
PARKINGSENSOR3=30
MOTIONSENSOR=10

Any suggestions - should I try and see what happens?

Hi, I have reduced it to 10. And also adjusted the other values:

PARKINGSENSOR1=30
PARKINGSENSOR2=30
PARKINGSENSOR3=30
MOTIONSENSOR=10

Any suggestions - should I try and see what happens?
I have found the motion sensitivity from 1 thru 99 make no difference and at 0 it is off altogether. Best to try various settings and find the combination that works best for you. But.. as I have said many times the motion sensor is useless and the others are not much better..

In Parking Mode imho you need your Motion Sensor set at 0 (off) and your G Sensors HIGH (eg. 80)

Thanks Andy, I will try that when I upgrade to the new firmware today.

Andy or other:

PARKINGSENSOR1=50
PARKINGSENSOR2=50
PARKINGSENSOR3=50
MOTIONSENSOR=0

...or 80 does not record anything. Not even if the car parked next to mine leaves.

Is it supposed to be so poor - or useless? I´m starting to beleive so.

Thanks for any help to avoid more grey hair!

You have your Motion Sensor turned off in parking mode (good) - it will only record events if someone hits/bangs your car. Certainly wont pick someone up walking infront unless they fall on your bonnet

Back