G-Sensors in Parking Mode

Eskat8r

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't know if all 750x LTE plus are really G-sensor sensitive, but mine sure is. I work at a warhouse with alot of foot and vehicle traffic. I turned off the motion detection and put my G-sensor to 1 for all three detections. It's still picking up loud, or heavy vehicles that goes by. It comes out of parking mode and goes back in after 5min. Sometimes there's video and sometimes there isnt.

Anyone else have this going on?

Side question!!
Is there any other reason a dashcam will come out of parking mode and go back in.

How and where is your 750x Plus mounted?

any other reason a dashcam will come out of parking mode and go back in
For the 750x Plus, if it senses that the ignition has turned on then turned off.

How and where is your 750x Plus mounted?

For the 750x Plus, if it senses that the ignition has turned on then turned off.
It's mounted with 3M Tape, just little down and behind the rear view mirror

Last edited:
Don't know if all 750x LTE plus are really G-sensor sensitive, but mine sure is. I work at a warhouse with alot of foot and vehicle traffic. I turned off the motion detection and put my G-sensor to 1 for all three detections. It's still picking up loud, or heavy vehicles that goes by. It comes out of parking mode and goes back in after 5min. Sometimes there's video and sometimes there isnt.

Anyone else have this going on?

Side question!!
Is there any other reason a dashcam will come out of parking mode and go back in.
By now you have hopefully got your settings set so that your new dashcam is doing what you need it to do.

If you haven't already done so, consider setting the sectors in front of each camera as to what you want captured. You of course do not want the tops of trees blowing in the distance or cars driving far behind where you're parked triggering your motion detection. You can adjust those settings at the bottom of the sensitivity screen.

Using the Power Magic Pro adapter, your dashcam should be going into parking mode within 5 minutes of "stopping your car". It should not be going back into normal mode unless your car physically moves. - If yours is still doing so, consider calling Blackvue's tech support; they're very helpful!

Settings seem fine, although it only seemed adjustable only in the motion setting.
I'm using 2 external batteries and hardwired for charging. Dashcam goes into PM when stopped for 5min and goes into NM when moving. No issues there.

It goes out of PM occasionally when the G sensors pick up something. I'll change the sensitivity settings around the vehicle and go from there.

Settings seem fine, although it only seemed adjustable only in the motion setting.
I'm using 2 external batteries and hardwired for charging. Dashcam goes into PM when stopped for 5min and goes into NM when moving. No issues there.

It goes out of PM occasionally when the G sensors pick up something. I'll change the sensitivity settings around the vehicle and go from there.

There's no reason your BV dashcam should be leaving parking mode while parked. The only reason that could happen would be if the power to the dashcam stopped and then restarted for some reason. I don't see how that could happen if you're connected to two external batteries.

Edit: you might check settings/notifications at bottom of screen and make sure "cloud connectivity" is checked. And then any "on or off activity" will be listed with your other notifications. You'll be able to see if your cloud power is getting turned off.

Btw I have my parking mode G-sensors for up/down, side to side and front to back set at the highest levels of sensitivity while parked, and they almost never go off. I got an impact notification a couple days ago, but it was only a huge garbage truck going by while banging the lifter on the side of the truck. Of course motion detections happen pretty frequently.

If all else fails, try calling BV Tech Support. Good luck.

(844) 694-44690
Mon. - Fri 8 - 7 pm pst
Sat. 9-6 pm pst
Closed Sunday.

Last edited:
I'll change it. If I get a notice cloud power is off, I should probably assume its the external batteries or the camera itself.

Sounds good. - - I was talking to a tech guy at Blackvue today and asked what might give rise to your situation. The guy said it could very well be in how the wires are hooked up on the fuse box. I think one needs to be careful about the polarity, etc. You might look into that as well.

Good luck!

Sounds good. - - I was talking to a tech guy at Blackvue today and asked what might give rise to your situation. The guy said it could very well be in how the wires are hooked up on the fuse box. I think one needs to be careful about the polarity, etc. You might look into that as well.

Good luck!

Will do, appreciate the help and I'll write what comes out of checking the cloud connectivity box. I'll call my installers and mention the wire to thw fuse box scenario.

How is you 750X Plus connected to battery packs? Cigarette socket connectors? Although X series have ability to sense the voltage change with engine on/off, cigarette socket connection would not send the signal to go into/out of parking mode. You need to use the 3 wires cord (came with the camera) to battery pack connector with 3 wires. Blackboxmycar.com has those for sure.

Below is some of what's been going on today. The disconnect hasn't happened in a long time. I did park in a different spot than normal, which could be it or the cloud coverage. I'm using Verizon sim card, and haven't had issues with it.

Called Blackvue.. Took awhile for the guy to understand that my camera shouldn't come out of Parking mode to record video with just the G sensor on. It should only be with impacts. He understood finally, and wants me to put the G sensors higher than 6 to 9. I don't understand this at all, but I'll try it.
He's sending me a older firmware to try, which I understand. So, I'll give that a shot also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-145459.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-145459.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 2
How is you 750X Plus connected to battery packs? Cigarette socket connectors? Although X series have ability to sense the voltage change with engine on/off, cigarette socket connection would not send the signal to go into/out of parking mode. You need to use the 3 wires cord (came with the camera) to battery pack connector with 3 wires. Blackboxmycar.com has those for sure.
It's hard wired

Below is some of what's been going on today. The disconnect hasn't happened in a long time. I did park in a different spot than normal, which could be it or the cloud coverage. I'm using Verizon sim card, and haven't had issues with it.

Called Blackvue.. Took awhile for the guy to understand that my camera shouldn't come out of Parking mode to record video with just the G sensor on. It should only be with impacts. He understood finally, and wants me to put the G sensors higher than 6 to 9. I don't understand this at all, but I'll try it.
He's sending me a older firmware to try, which I understand. So, I'll give that a shot also.
Hmmm... I don't understand what increasing your g-sensor sensitivity has to do with your dashcam turning on & off.

I'm curious what firmware they are suggesting you use. There was a recent FW upgrade... I believe I'm using 1.02...

Exactly.... I'll test it at work tomorrow.
The firmware he sent me is 1.01

Still the same issues with Sensor at 9. Only difference, in the notification it shows as an Impact Detected. Which at most times with G-Sensor and where I'm located, its a loud noise or heavy truck driving by. No impact at all. Overall, it should take a minute video and keep doing its thing without coming out of Parking Mode.

Called back Blackvue, they think the notification should say standby not Exited/Entered parking mode. Hence, wanting me to try an older firmware. I sent these screen shots showing how many times it does this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-115058.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-115058.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220303-115054.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-115054.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20220303-115047.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-115047.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220303-115041.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-115041.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220303-115029.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-115029.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220303-114945.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-114945.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220303-114919.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-114919.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220303-114845.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-114845.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 8
Which external battery packs are you using? I'm thinking for some reason they're turning off and on... which of course should not be happening.

Is your dashcam list of events/videos showing 5 minutes of "normal videos" each time your dash cam exits parking mode? It's strange that your cam is exiting parking mode for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
I'm using a Powercell 8 and Cellink Neo 7
Mine is set for 1min clips, which it shows.
When it exits parking mode, it goes back to PM in the 5min like it should, but this should be only when the car moves. Unless, theres something I'm missing.

You think its the camera and return it or try this downgraded firmware first?

Last edited:
I don't think fiddling with the firmware should be a proper solution. You shouldn't have to do that, but of course it's interesting to see if you would get a different result with a different FW. Luckily there have only been about 2 or 3 FW with this model.

Has this always happened with your 750 LTE Plus? How long have you had it?

If I were you, I'd ask Blackvue if they would send you a new dashcam under their warranty provision; I would assume they would. - And I'd compare that with your dashcam retailer's return policy. Getting a replacement "might be" a solution.

Is Blackvue tech support aware of other people who have had the same issue? Obviously you cannot be the only one with this problem.

This has happened more so with the 750 LTE, than the 750 LTE plus. So, i started reading forums and guys with the same issue just turned off the notification. Thats definitely helps.
I think after I try the firmware, I'll start pinging for a new camera.

Back