G-Sensors in Parking Mode

I just got off the phone with BV tech on a few of my own questions. When asking him about your situation, he said BV is recommending that customers "turn down" the sensitivity of the parking mode G-sensors. So, instead of going from 6 to 9, he's saying you should try going from 6 to 4. You might give that a try...

And this tech guy said he had about 3 calls today on this same issue... seems to mostly impact 750 LTE models and not the plus models.

The rep I've been talking with, told me the same thing..try 5 or 4. Seem to be a few less false readings. I'm gonna go down to 4 and try that. If things get better, should I upgrade back to the latest firmware or stick with 1001?

If I were you I'd, go back and forth with the 2 different FW, and then stick with the one that gives you less problems. But first try lowering your parking mode sensitivity a bit.

If you can get the occurrences of in and out of exit mode to an acceptable level, I'd do like others suggested and turn off your notifications for entering and exciting parking mode. Obviously it's a balancing act of protecting your car with g-sensors and minimizing the times your car leaves parking mode. - I would give priority to protecting your car.

Edit: btw I would expect Blackview to eventually come out with a firmware correction for this issue. Clearly the dash cam should not be doing that.

Last edited:
Sounds good with the firmware. The notifications for exiting/entering parking mode, I already turned off awhile back lol.

Sounds good with the firmware. The notifications for exiting/entering parking mode, I already turned off awhile back lol.
I'm thinking maybe you want the notifications on while you're still fine tuning your system... on the other hand I'm sure you can just look at your list of videos that were taken while your car was parked and see the "normal videos" vs "parking videos". Obviously, you don't want many normal mode videos as your g-sensors would be set much lower than parking mode.

Not sure what you mean!
"Obviously, you don't want many normal mode videos as your g-sensors would be set much lower than parking mode"

I'm just looking at Notifications only. Impact, exiting/entering, disconnections. Hopefully, I'll be getting less of the e/e.

What I meant is, when your car is parked, you of course want notifications of any impact occurrences. There may not be that big of a difference between your "parking mode g-sensor settings" and your " normal mode g-sensor settings" .

As for me, my normal mode g-sensor settings (driving) are set to about 1 or 2, as I don't need the dash cam to tell me of g-sensor impacts when I go over a bumpy road. - But for "parking mode", my g-sensors are set to about 10 with motion detection set to about 2.

If my car was spending much time in normal mode while parked, I would not be getting the proper g-sensor notifications; that's what I mean by minimizing time in normal mode while parked. In addition, I would not be getting any "motion detection warnings" during those 5 minute segments in normal mode.

But if you're getting those exits to-and-from normal mode occurrences to a relatively low number, it sounds like you won't have to worry at all.

Last edited:
Thanks for explaning. The only thing I have on is the G-sensor parking mode. Down to 4 now.
Hopefully, this will help. I'll know more on Monday, during the weekend I turn the dashcam off because my car is garaged. I tried the G-sensor normal mode and it was picking up everything, so I turned it off. And also don't need it while I'm driving.

Update:
Got only two Exiting /Entering PM yesterday. But, now more connected/disconnected notices. Didn't get any of those on v. 1008.
The Blackvue rep I've been talking with about my issues, sent me v. 1000. I'll give it a go.

Update:
Got only two Exiting /Entering PM yesterday. But, now more connected/disconnected notices. Didn't get any of those on v. 1008.
The Blackvue rep I've been talking with about my issues, sent me v. 1000. I'll give it a go.
Getting down to only 2 sounds good! That's great that you have a tech person helping you.

He's been very helpful, along with you also.
Only got one today, will test this week. Noticed also on v1000 that the LTE connection takes a little longer., maybe a minute or two.

He's been very helpful, along with you also.
Only got one today, will test this week. Noticed also on v1000 that the LTE connection takes a little longer., maybe a minute or two.
It would be a good idea to check each firmware version's notes to see what additional improvements they brought to the table.

Then I would follow up with the person who's been helping you at BV and ask if there will be a new firmware coming out that brings you back all the features that you're missing, along with the improvement that fixes your current problem.

Obviously you are not the only person with this problem and many people don't want to miss out on features, including you. It sounds like you're making good progress.

This week's results will be key with Entering/Exiting parking mode. If it stays consistent at 1, I'll upgrade back to v1008 and see what happens. If the E/E PM gets out of control, then I know it's the firmware. If it doesn't, then I know it was turning down the G-sensor

I feel the 750 LTE plus has a very sensitive G-sensor or just mine. I'll test v1001 until Friday.

This week's results will be key with Entering/Exiting parking mode. If it stays consistent at 1, I'll upgrade back to v1008 and see what happens. If the E/E PM gets out of control, then I know it's the firmware. If it doesn't, then I know it was turning down the G-sensor

I feel the 750 LTE plus has a very sensitive G-sensor or just mine. I'll test v1001 until Friday.
I believe you mentioned this was happening with your 750 LTE, and not your 750 LTE Plus, right? I believe the 750 LTE Plus only has about 3 firmware versions so far (1.000, 1.001 & 1 002), whereas the 750 LTE seems to have about 8.

As you know, the dashcam should not be jumping out of parking mode just because it happens to go off with the g-sensor setting. Hopefully BV is able to fix that with a future FW update.

Btw, does your dashcam automatically reboot once a day; my 750 LTE Plus has that requirement. So, in that one instance my cam goes out of parking mode at the same time each day and then goes back into normal mode. So, when it reboots, I get 5 one minute normal mode videos, and then it goes back to parking mode. And then I always get one more parking mode video (motion detected) that appears. So I merely ignore those 6 videos each day. I wonder if that's what's happening with yours now...?

No reboots on my side. Since I've had the camera, I've always had some Entering/Exiting PM, some Firmware more than others. With Fm 1.000 its actually happened less, than normal... But, now I'm getting more disconnected/ connected notices.
I'm going to try 1.002 with G-sensor on 3 and give it a go. I already took a pic of my camera serial# and told them its probably time to try a new one and will go from there.

I changed the the Firmware back to the latest V. 1.002 and put G sensor to 3. Haven't had one Exiting/ Entering PM incident today. I tested the G-sensor with a fist bump on the windshield and a slightly more than normal door close to make sure it wasn't to low in order to detect anything. It detected both.

So, I'll test G-sensor 3 tomorrow and see if we can get the same results. Then, I'm going to test G-sensor on 4 again. If I get the unexplained E/E PM, I'll know 4 is to sensitive. If I don't get any E/E then I know V. 1.002 is the better of the FM.

I heard of guys having thier G-sensor on 10 and not having issues with E/E PM. I'll post results, next week.

Spoke to soon. Looked at Notifications and noticed it Exiting/Entering PM. I checked video and nothing visible from what I can see that would've caused it to E/E PM.

When I looked at the one minute clips, the first thing I heard was impact detected during parking mode. If I'm only getting one or two E/E Pm a day, I'm ok with that, because the camera is still working and I'm getting notifications. It's still frustrating that's it doing that, when it shouldn't. What's your opinion, roll with it the way it is or get a new under warranty.

Spoke to soon. Looked at Notifications and noticed it Exiting/Entering PM. I checked video and nothing visible from what I can see that would've caused it to E/E PM.

When I looked at the one minute clips, the first thing I heard was impact detected during parking mode. If I'm only getting one or two E/E Pm a day, I'm ok with that, because the camera is still working and I'm getting notifications. It's still frustrating that's it doing that, when it shouldn't. What's your opinion, roll with it the way it is or get a new under warranty.
I would stick with pushing Blackvue to get your Dashcam working properly, whatever that takes. If they cannot get your dashcam to work properly they should give you a replacement dashcam. - I am assuming many others are having the same problem as you; ask them what they are doing for those people.

There's no way you should be expected to use bandaids to get by with their dashcam. I would like to think that BV would be coming out with a firmware upgrade to fix the issue.

Btw, I'm one of those who use 10's across the board for my parking mode g-sensor settings; but I use only 2 for motion detection, and I always carefully select the "detection region" for front and back cams. And I use 1, 2 and 2 for normal mode g-sensor settings.

I hope you're getting acceptable/decent results with your present FW and g-sensor settings.

I'm getting a new camera sent to me under warranty. I've tried everything, with help from alot of people to get it working properly. Only issue is, they want me to schedule a DHL pick up. During the mid day is impossible. So trying to find out if i can drop it off.

I'm getting a new camera sent to me under warranty. I've tried everything, with help from alot of people to get it working properly. Only issue is, they want me to schedule a DHL pick up. During the mid day is impossible. So trying to find out if i can drop it off.
A new replacement dashcam sounds great! Hopefully the new one works at it should. And I would think DHL would be able to handle a drop-off. Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom