G-Sensors in Parking Mode

I saw your thread on the 750x LTE Plus, you mentioned your going to cancel your Cloud Smart Plan!! Do we have to have CMS to view videos?

I saw your thread on the 750x LTE Plus, you mentioned your going to cancel your Cloud Smart Plan!! Do we have to have CMS to view videos?
As I mentioned in that thread, I was sorry for creating confusion. Any BV user that wants to use the cloud features needs to be signed-up for either the free BV Cloud plan or the Smart Plan which costs $12/month. I'm currently in the Smart Plan... I'll have to see what I'm comfortable using as I get a handle on my SIM card data usage.

A new replacement dashcam sounds great! Hopefully the new one works at it should. And I would think DHL would be able to handle a drop-off. Keep us posted!
Confirmed with DHL that I can drop off.

I noticed my dashcam was disconnected, so I looked at Notifications and there wasn't any. So disconnected the power source, waited a minute plugged back in and still nothing. Checked to make sure batteries were good and weren't dead (used the app). They were at 80%.

Car was in the sun, so I felt the camera and it was a barely hot, nothing crazy. The temp is 80 (Arizona). So, did a test and moved it in the shade. Maybe 10-15 minutes later It connected. These cams should handle up to 150 degrees. This is good to know now because, I bought this dashcam in November of 2021. It's been in nothing close to summer temps yet.

Confirmed with DHL that I can drop off.

I noticed my dashcam was disconnected, so I looked at Notifications and there wasn't any. So disconnected the power source, waited a minute plugged back in and still nothing. Checked to make sure batteries were good and weren't dead (used the app). They were at 80%.

Car was in the sun, so I felt the camera and it was a barely hot, nothing crazy. The temp is 80 (Arizona). So, did a test and moved it in the shade. Maybe 10-15 minutes later It connected. These cams should handle up to 150 degrees. This is good to know now because, I bought this dashcam in November of 2021. It's been in nothing close to summer temps yet.
That's good news about DHL.

I do not think the camera shutting down was at all heat related. As you said, 80 degrees is nothing... lol. I've always been suspect that your dashcam's entering/exciting parking mode has something to do with your power arrangement; and I think the shutdown today had something to do with your power setup. But that's way over my head... Incidentally, the only valid reason for your dashcam to exit/enter parking mode "should be" power turning off and on... could your batteries be doing that?

And hey, you changed your name and have a new very cool pic! Where'd you get your pic?

Enjoy your nice, cool weather while it's here!

I got the pic from retired Seal team guys I know. After I retired from the teams, we've stayed on touch.

Batteries seem fine to me. They had plenty of power and the moment I moved the car to the shade, she connected again. How do I check the batteries?

Check the batteries BEFORE turning on ignition or accessory power.

To check the batteries use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the fuses on the Blackvue hardwire cable.
There will be 3 wires, and the red and yellow wires will have small black fuse enclosures. Open up those fuse enclosures and measure the voltage on the end of the fuse which is closest to the camera.
The reason I say to measure it at the fuses is because you want to isolate what voltages the camera is truly seeing. If there is something wrong in the wiring up to the battery, then measuring directly at the battery output will mislead you.

Remember check the batteries BEFORE turning on ignition or accessory power.

I'm using a Powercell 8 and Cellink Neo 7
Is that Neo 7 really the "Cellink Ext7+"? If so I assume that the Neo 7 is connected to the "Ext Battery" output of your "Powercell 8".
Did you buy both of those at the same time?

I got the pic from retired Seal team guys I know. After I retired from the teams, we've stayed on touch.

Batteries seem fine to me. They had plenty of power and the moment I moved the car to the shade, she connected again. How do I check the batteries?
For simplicity sake, I'm hoping your new dashcam replacement solves the problem(s), which there appear to be 2 now... Exiting/entering parking mode and dashcam turning off for no apparent reason... crossing fingers!

I was hoping someone with more than basic electrical understanding chimed-in to help with diagnosing your batteries... and thankfully @Bakertz had done so. Perhaps something turns-up with the testing he is recommending... or at least it could narrow down the source of the problem. Btw I guess your new dashcam should be arriving soon.

N o wonder your pic looks so cool... from retired Navy Seals. Very nice!!!

I appreciate @Bakertz helping out, now I just need to get a voltmeter and learn how to use it. I dropped of the camera today, so maybe I'll get a new one by next year lol. Its going to Korea.

I'm also a retired Seal also, I was going to use the attached as a pic ( my version of a shadow box) but, changed my mind. Frogman is cooler.

Attachments

• 20190120_201707.jpg
    20190120_201707.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 3
If you have a Harbor Freight in your area, you could pick up a voltmeter at a good price. Of course you could go to Lowes or Home Depot as well. - That plus one 30-minute YouTube video and you'll be all set to start testing.

I too have something coming from Blackvue, but I'm pretty sure it will come from somewhere in California... so hopefully I get mine soon.

Your "shadow box" is very cool. It says a lot! And your new pic here is great! Btw, thank you very much for your service!

Check the batteries BEFORE turning on ignition or accessory power.

To check the batteries use a multimeter to measure the voltage on the fuses on the Blackvue hardwire cable.
There will be 3 wires, and the red and yellow wires will have small black fuse enclosures. Open up those fuse enclosures and measure the voltage on the end of the fuse which is closest to the camera.
The reason I say to measure it at the fuses is because you want to isolate what voltages the camera is truly seeing. If there is something wrong in the wiring up to the battery, then measuring directly at the battery output will mislead you.

Remember check the batteries BEFORE turning on ignition or accessory power.

Is that Neo 7 really the "Cellink Ext7+"? If so I assume that the Neo 7 is connected to the "Ext Battery" output of your "Powercell 8".
Did you buy both of those at the same time?
Forgot to ask, what voltage am I looking for.

Forgot to ask, what voltage am I looking for.
I believe you should have 12 volts at the front of those fuses... Some dashcams only have 5 volts, but Blackvue requires 12.

Btw I can't remember what notifications your dashcam is set to give you. Do you get the notifications when your camera is connected and disconnected? I would assume that might coincide with your cam exiting/entering parking mode. - Just a thought.

Good luck with your testing!

I do have connected /disconnected notifications on. Most times it was an LTE thing, and would connect a few seconds later, then a little bit of heat and then disconnection without any notifications.

Looking foward to testing.

I believe you should have 12 volts at the front of those fuses... Some dashcams only have 5 volts, but Blackvue requires 12.

Btw I can't remember what notifications your dashcam is set to give you. Do you get the notifications when your camera is connected and disconnected? I would assume that might coincide with your cam exiting/entering parking mode. - Just a thought.

Good luck with your testing!
One thing I wanted to correct from a previous post in this thread, it was stated the hardwiring cable for the BV DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is a 3-wire cable. The DR750-2CH LTE and DR750X-2CH LTE Plus still use the older style power connectors (2-wire), so only two wires (constant / ground) are required to hardwire the BV dashcam to a dashcam battery pack. If the hardwiring cable is a 3-wire version, only the constant and ground wires will be used to power the dashcam.

The PowerCell 8 battery pack's output power connection has a "constant" battery voltage provided by the battery pack itself. The constant battery voltage will vary based on the charge level of the battery pack, the accessory power output (if used) will vary with the vehicle's charging system voltage level. The constant output voltage for the PowerCell 8 tends to be 13.4 volts or higher (depending on its battery charge level).

With regard to the connect/disconnect notifications, I found that when i reviewed the DR750-2CH LTE dashcam it would connect and disconnect quite frequently in the areas that I travel using a T-Mobile SIM card. When I reviewed the DR900X-2CH along with the CM100LTE connectivity module, the amount of connect/disconnect events dropped to an appropriate level. I was told there were different cellular modems used in the DR750 LTE dashcam vs the CM100LTE connectivity module. I also like the fact that I can reuse the same CM100LTE connectivity module with any of the compatable BV dashcams.

One thing I wanted to correct from a previous post in this thread, it was stated the hardwiring cable for the BV DR750X-2CH LTE Plus is a 3-wire cable. The DR750-2CH LTE and DR750X-2CH LTE Plus still use the older style power connectors (2-wire), so only two wires (constant / ground) are required to hardwire the BV dashcam to a dashcam battery pack. If the hardwiring cable is a 3-wire version, only the constant and ground wires will be used to power the dashcam.

The PowerCell 8 battery pack's output power connection has a "constant" battery voltage provided by the battery pack itself. The constant battery voltage will vary based on the charge level of the battery pack, the accessory power output (if used) will vary with the vehicle's charging system voltage level. The constant output voltage for the PowerCell 8 tends to be 13.4 volts or higher (depending on its battery charge level).

With regard to the connect/disconnect notifications, I found that when i reviewed the DR750-2CH LTE dashcam it would connect and disconnect quite frequently in the areas that I travel using a T-Mobile SIM card. When I reviewed the DR900X-2CH along with the CM100LTE connectivity module, the amount of connect/disconnect events dropped to an appropriate level. I was told there were different cellular modems used in the DR750 LTE dashcam vs the CM100LTE connectivity module. I also like the fact that I can reuse the same CM100LTE connectivity module with any of the compatable BV dashcams.
@rcg530 - Thanks for joining in to help Eskater. You're pretty much the Blackvue expert here. Have you ever heard of a 750 LTE detecting an event in parking mode and then immediately exiting and re-entering parking mode (I believe this is the non plus version)?

And I'm sure you're right on the 2 wire vs 3 wire connection for the LTE dashcams. I was thinking there were 3, but the three wire connection is on my power magic pro. As you know the cigarette lighter connection from the dashcam plugs into the PMP.

Well anyway, hopefully @Eskater gets his problem figured out soon. A new replacement dashcam is enroute!

@rcg530 - Thanks for joining in to help Eskater. You're pretty much the Blackvue expert here. Have you ever heard of a 750 LTE detecting an event in parking mode and then immediately exiting and re-entering parking mode (I believe this is the non plus version)?

And I'm sure you're right on the 2 wire vs 3 wire connection for the LTE dashcams. I was thinking there were 3, but the three wire connection is on my power magic pro. As you know the cigarette lighter connection from the dashcam plugs into the PMP.

Well anyway, hopefully @Eskater gets his problem figured out soon. A new replacement dashcam is enroute!
I believe Eskater stated that the parking mode configuration was changed from motion based - which means time-lapse for parking mode since it's the only other selection available. If it were the g-sensor detecting an impact in parking mode, it would be listed as an impact event and it's not. It appears the g-sensor (accelerometer) is hypersensitive in this unit causing it to exit parking mode without any real vehicle motion.

Checking the dashcam battery pack output voltage that powers the BV dashcam is certainly a good thing to verify to make sure it's not low or fluctuating.

My only other suggestion would be to remove the BV dashcam front camera from the windshield mount and place it on a desk/table in Eskater's home and power it using the power port adapter (if Eskater has a power supply in the house). Powering it outside of the car would eliminate the car itself from the set of triggering events and hopefully it could be seen whether that changes the behavior of the dashcam entering/exiting parking on a repeated basis.

I believe Eskater stated that the parking mode configuration was changed from motion based - which means time-lapse for parking mode since it's the only other selection available. If it were the g-sensor detecting an impact in parking mode, it would be listed as an impact event and it's not. It appears the g-sensor (accelerometer) is hypersensitive in this unit causing it to exit parking mode without any real vehicle motion.

Checking the dashcam battery pack output voltage that powers the BV dashcam is certainly a good thing to verify to make sure it's not low or fluctuating.

My only other suggestion would be to remove the BV dashcam front camera from the windshield mount and place it on a desk/table in Eskater's home and power it using the power port adapter (if Eskater has a power supply in the house). Powering it outside of the car would eliminate the car itself from the set of triggering events and hopefully it could be seen whether that changes the behavior of the dashcam entering/exiting parking on a repeated basis.

I'd have to buy a power adapter to test, but definitely a good idea. Hypersensitive it is. That I actuall dont mind, its just Exiting/Entering thats weird. I've attached some pics of the battery app, while charging, take a look. I know this doesn't solve, my problem, but thought I'd share. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-174826_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-174826_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220317-180804_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-180804_CELLINK Neo.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 3
I'd have to buy a power adapter to test, but definitely a good idea. Hypersensitive it is. That I actuall dont mind, its just Exiting/Entering thats weird. I've attached some pics of the battery app, while charging, take a look. I know this doesn't solve, my problem, but thought I'd share. Let me know what you think.
The output voltages in the screen shots look as I expected for the PowerCell 8. When I was reviewing the DR750-2CH LTE dashcam, I don't recall it being motion/vibration hypersensitive resulting in it exiting parking mode unless I started to drive the car. I hope the replacement dashcam works correctly for you.

I also have Cellink Neo 7 attached.
Me too.

Back