G10W cant start, shutting down by itself

johnytheboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi to all, i gave a serious poblem and i hope you can help to resolve this.

i bought g10w from estore009 but it stopped working.

When i click on i turn on for a second and turn off, it doesnt respond then. It doesnt matter wheter it has memeory card or doesnt.

It doesnt matter if battery is full or not. Its not working even after multiple resets.

nearly 5 months and its broke by itself.

visit this link to download movie showing what is the problem (the video is upside down but you will see everything): http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/22597482/file.html

Really anybody can help me?:(

BTW i wrote to estore009 they didnt respond yet , but i can predict they will want me to send it back to china. Sending this camera from slovakia to china is Worth over half the price of the camera itself so ITS deadlock situation.

Does anybody heard that they will resend a working unit without sending back my broken (AS shown in the attached movie) unit?

at 5 months you'll struggle to get any support out of a China seller, time for a new camera I think

does anybody recall having similar issue to presented on the attached video?

Sorry, tried watching your video but gave up after a while as it just wants to load and not play, maybe YouTube would be more successful

Please click "download" button and download the movie ITS only 15mb

hardware problem by the looks of it, have you opened the camera up? if the battery is swollen it can do odd things like this, maybe something to look at, otherwise time for a new camera

I feel your frustration. My issue with our three was cryptic instructions. Finding only short periods time at end of day and wits over months didn't help. Finally after serious trial and error, did I achieve success.

Some conundrums I experienced:
  • Couldn't get gps signal and camera persisted even unplugged until battery discharged to nothing and thereafter didn't fire up. After disconnecting gps, battery charged. After flipping gps receiver to correct side, signal locked and haven't had issue since.
  • Had the shock set too sensitive and auto locked the chip with every pothole.
  • Loose power socket made me think the unit overheated and shutdown every time I didn't watch it.
  • Looose gps connection drove me nuts fiddling behind the mirror.
  • Put the dashcam too close to the radio antenna and thought I cooked the stereo.
  • Broke wire inside molded plug.
Maybe you have something similar.

ok, can you tell me how to update/downgrade or flash the same firmware to this camera? maybe that will help, since it is basically g1w with wider optic angles i think it will work to flash bin files with posted in another thread here firmwares, but nothing is happening when i turn camera on with SD card with 2 bin files inside.

could you help me how to do it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B G1WX 3
Q G1WX 8
Back