G1W Another Orange box fake from ebay

OzarkDashCam.com

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
several
Item description on ebay and orange box box both state .mov and NT96650. Inside orange box was .avi and NT96220 with blurry pic.
Opened claim through resolution center.

G1Wopenshowingwrongchipproovingforgery.jpg

Quick update. On the fake unit I tested, the HDMI port does not work correctly.
Process... Plugged in an HDMI cable to it and then powered it up. After splash screen it took a really bad picture of the floor and then screen locked up solid where no buttons did anything except beep. After removing HDMI cable, had to power cycle to get it to work again.

Another quick update: When memory card is full, the fake G1W will record for a few seconds (usually 4-10 seconds) and then black screen loop into next few second clip.
4-10 seconds record/black screen 2-4 seconds/4-10 seconds record/black screen 2-4 seconds......

For this kind of non brand products, getting fake is so easy, everyone can make it.

One reseller told me, to find the action cam sj1000 for selling, he reached over 20 guys, all of them said they are the original developer and manufacturer.

Wow, that is a really bad draw of a luck! I hope you get it resolved. Most likely the seller will not require you to send the devices back so you will have 3 extra cams for parts. ;) Maybe I can have one for playing around!

Wow, that is a really bad draw of a luck! I hope you get it resolved. Most likely the seller will not require you to send the devices back so you will have 3 extra cams for parts. ;) Maybe I can have one for playing around!
Wifey has already told me she's going to take a hammer to them and... better them than me. ;-).

Back