G1W-C: Any G-Sensor setting (other than off) locks file?

Do you mean that if the camera is recording it won't shut down after whatever time you set in the APO? Well, live and learn... :)

Yeah, the APO is a standby function. The camera notices that no recording is happening and nothing else is going and so it knows to shut itself off after a set time to save the battery.
This is a common feature in many consumer level video and point & shoot still cameras.

Dear All,

New to this forum but I have the exact same problem than theboyk.
Got my G1Wc from Gearbest with W2015.0316.11 firmware and due to "last file corruption" issue,
I've flashed with 2014.0813.11 firmware. So Now I have no "last file corruption" issue,
but the exact same G-Sensor issue.

I really think it is a firmware issue because I receive the cam with firmware from Gearbest as Blackbox cam
and now with the new firmware it appears as BlueSky Cam.

Do not know it they have a new firmware that solve this issue!!??

Claudio

Dear All,

New to this forum but I have the exact same problem than theboyk.
Got my G1Wc from Gearbest with W2015.0316.11 firmware and due to "last file corruption" issue,
I've flashed with 2014.0813.11 firmware. So Now I have no "last file corruption" issue,
but the exact same G-Sensor issue.

I really think it is a firmware issue because I receive the cam with firmware from Gearbest as Blackbox cam
and now with the new firmware it appears as BlueSky Cam.

Do not know it they have a new firmware that solve this issue!!??

Claudio
Hi Claudio, and welcome to the forum.

Like it's said in this thread, turn the G-Sensor function off and your problem is solved.

I just received my G1W-CB from gearbest. It was running 2015.0316.11 firmware and in this firmware there was no issue with the G-Sensor. However, it had some other issue (for details see here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/tutorial-updating-your-g1w-cs-firmware.11155/page-2#post-185063) so I changed the firmware to blueskysea 2014.0813.11 which is generally recommended here. However, under this new firmware the G-Sensor no longer works properly. No matter if I choose low, medium or high setting, it locks every file in the very first second of recording - just like described by the author of this thread. I guess I just have to compromise and will switch the G-Sensor off and that's it.

G-Sensor and Motion detect issues are so common with all the G1W series cams that the general advice of keeping them off is best heeded unless you want to play with your individual cam to see if it will work well enough for your purposes, which chances are that it won't. Many cams in this price range are much the same regards this. It seems the only purpose of having these feature in these cams is so that it can be advertised as having them to catch buyers who don't do their research first off guard.

The odds are that if you're in a crash, you will either be able to cut the power or save the last file manually afterward, or that power will have been lost in the crash shutting down the camera in the APO mode for you thus saving that last file. So there's little point in wanting the G-sensor for this purpose. And for parking and also regards motion-detect, without pre-buffering it takes so long for the cam to start recording that the details you needed will not be seen well enough to be useful if they are seen at all.

These can be good cams otherwise if you don't get a dud, so just use a recommended SD card, use the settings people here recommend, and see what happens from there.

Phil

Cool.

Anyway, if anyone else has any experience with the G-Sensor on their unit, I'd love to know you're experience (just to see if it's an issue with my unit, or any overall firmware issue).

I'm glad I came across your question, as I was having the same problem with mine. I have three G1W cameras, and only one does this, after downgrading the software.

My G1WH's G-Sensor never worked right. It won't react to any hard forces but will randomly "protect" a video where nothing at all happened.

I read all thread and still some things dont understand about G-Sensor. Dont understand the function of the G-Sensor and why is important to lock the video.
What if video is locker or non locker?
With my logic. If have accident the dash cam still record and if SD card if full, its overwrite the first video recorded, not the last. However after accident you will have the video except if you dont copy on your PC and after video from the accidents became old the dash cam will overwrite.
I think its easy. After accident just remove SD from the dash cam, copy video on the PC and problem solved.

Is this right what I write or still some things I cant understand about G-Sensor and locking/protecting videos?

Back