G1W-C Blinking power light

Hawggy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W-H
Just got a G1W-C from Gearbest in orange Box. Works perfect compared to my G1W and G1W-H. The only thing I find different is the red Power light flashes when recording. I know the red light flashes in the screen but this is the power light. Once I take it off record the power light stays on solid. Anyone else experience this? The recordings are fine.

Also, I would like to know what setting is best for " Car Plate " This is new to me as my other cams do not have this feature.

Last edited:
The flashing is possibly due to the firmware that the camera has. Some of the alternative G1W-H firmwares also make the LED flash when recording and some don't.

There's no "setting" for License Plate. You just "write" whatever you want there, as long as it doesn't exceed 8 characters. :)

The flashing is possibly due to the firmware that the camera has. Some of the alternative G1W-H firmwares also make the LED flash when recording and some don't.

There's no "setting" for License Plate. You just "write" whatever you want there, as long as it doesn't exceed 8 characters. :)

Thank you for that information. I have 5 camera's I have purchased but this is the 1st G1W-C. It works and records fine, just the blinking LED power light. My firmware on this unit is W2015.0316.11. Should I just leave it or change the firmware?

What is the purpose of the " Car Plate " setting?

Last edited:
With the "C" model the power light will blink continuously because the Super-Caps are always charging. It's normal, nothing is wrong.

Phil

Yeah I bought the G1W-C last week and it does the exact same thing it flashes when it records so it's normal. You can put you license plate number in it if you want under the car plate setting.

Today the unit stopped recording after 30 minutes of driving. Power led went solid and no red flashing light in viewfinder. Pushed record button and it started again for another 30 minutes then stopped again. I have formatted the class 6 Transcend card in the unit. Hope this clears this problem. Also motion detection is off.

Do you have the loop recording on ?

Do you have the loop recording on ?

Yes..I had it set a 2 minute intervals and changed it to 3 minute. It has settings 2,3,5, minutes and off.

Last edited:
Edit..It is a 32 GB Class 4 Transcend card. That is what they recommended when I first bought the G1W. I have used it in that unit as well as my 3 other G1w-H units. Do you think the G1w-C requires a different card?

I have this C unit mounted on my Motorcycle. I am letting it run on record right now while the Bike is parked. I want to see if it continually records at 3 min intervals and for how long.

I sent a message to Gearbest 3 days ago and have not heard back from them... Do they stand behind their products? This is my first time to deal with them..I usually use Bangood but Gearbest had the mount I wanted for the Class C, so I bought it from them.

Edit..It is a 32 GB Class 4 Transcend card.....
I suspect that's the problem. I use Class 10 for all my cameras and haven't had any issues.

I thought the G1W-C was supposed to be used with a class 6 or higher ? I have a Sandisk ultra 32gb class 10 and it works fine. I also have the G1W-C

Thanks Guys..Like I said this is the first Class C I have got. I will get a Scandisk Class 10 32 gb and use it.

I did run it recording for 1 hour in the garage on the Bike 3 minute loop instead of 2..Recorded fine there but no movement. Going out tomorrow on Bike so will give it a test while riding. Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.

Is the motion detector setting off ?

Yes..First thing I made sure of. Had my G1w freeze long time ago when I first got it because of that being turned on.

Took the Bike out today for a 6 hour run. Camera worked Flawlessy. Seeems formatting the card and putting it on a 3 minute loop has solved the problem. Thanks everyone for your help.

BTW..Picked up a brand new unused G1w-H today with the ball and socket windshield suction mount. Fella got it but never used it. Quite obvious it is brand new. That makes 6 units I have now.

I also ordered a 32 GB Scandisk Micro sd Class 10 card from Amazon.ca I will use this on My G1w-C

Nice, glad you sorted things out !

Last edited by a moderator:
I added the reply to the Micro Card topic also. New class 10 Scandisk Ultra SDHC 32 MB arrived today and worked perfectly in the G1W-C after I formatted it in the unit. Purchased from Maracana.CA off Amazon.ca for $ 19.59 delivered. Delivery was about a week. Will buy from them again.

Back