G1W-C dark screen

Hawggy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
G1W-H
Put a new G1w-c on our Goldwing and notice that the viewing screen is very dark. Almost unable to see the red blinking record light as the screen is so dark. I have several G1w camera's I am using in other vehicles and they are fine for viewing the action as you drive. Is there an adjustment I can make to increase the picture view screen quality?

There's no adjustment for that, is it viewing angle related perhaps?
I don't think so. Doesn't really matter which angle I look at it, it is still very dark compared to my other 4 G1w cameras.

Only ask as the camera's are not typically viewed from above, normally straight on or from below and the LCD panels used don't look the same from all angles

Of course it could just be faulty

Only ask as the camera's are not typically viewed from above, normally straight on or from below and the LCD panels used don't look the same from all angles

Of course it could just be faulty
Thanks for your info appreciate that. I have a G1w-CB on order from Gearbest. Will give it a try and see if any difference. I also have another problem. On the Motorcycle the camera goes off and on at times over some bumps. I am assuming from what I read that this is caused by the receptacle on the camera that accepts the male power plug becoming loose. I have on other G1w's had to put a piece of card board on the inside to tighten it up, but even that only helped for awhile. The ones mounted to the rear view mirror in the SUV's never cause me any grief.

Back