G1w-c Low Battery Shutdown on Startup

SAFVet

Reaction score
Country
United States
My brand-new G1w-c shuts down almost immediately after startup. It flashes a "LOW BATTERY" warning, and shuts down, even though it is plugged into a good USB charger. The display briefly shows a full battery, then go blank, then shows a red X over the battery - then shutdown.

Is this fixable, or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks!

My brand-new G1w-c shuts down almost immediately after startup. It flashes a "LOW BATTERY" warning, and shuts down, even though it is plugged into a good USB charger. The display briefly shows a full battery, then go blank, then shows a red X over the battery - then shutdown.

Is this fixable, or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks!

how about when plugged into the car using the supplied adapter, same result or different?

Since you said in another post that your cam works when powered by the supplied cigarette lighter plug, I'll take an educated guess here... the usb charger you tried may not output sufficient amps to power the cam.

Try your cam plugged into a computer's USB port. I think the blue USB 3.0 ports have .9amp output, while the older USB 1.0/2.0 ports are .5 amp.
I have powered my G1W-C out of the car using an Anker Astro Mini battery backup that puts out 1 amp and I also tested the cam successfully using an old cell phone wall charger that is rated at .55 amp.

Back