G1W-C Wont Loop / Overwrite when full

rtswa

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I purchased 2x G1W-C Dashcams from Gearbest. Great dashcam however, once the memory card fills up, it won't overwrite the oldest recording and keep recording, it just does not record whatsoever when the camera is powered after (after its completely full). The "Loop recording" setting is set to 3 Minutes and this function works. It creates a new file every 3 minutes however, it will not overwrite when the memory card si full.

I have tried different memory cards such as SanDisk, Kingston, I've even tried different Classes such as Class 4, etc and it makes no difference.

The current firmware on both cameras is W2015.0316.11.

What can I do so that I don't have to keep formatting the memory card when it's full every 3 weeks or so? Surely the G1W-C has the ability to correctly record over the oldest files when full?

Please advise.

Contact the seller and see if you can get another firmware, something wrong with the one you have

Contact the seller and see if you can get another firmware, something wrong with the one you have

I can download another one from a link provided on these forums.

Are you telling me that the G1W-C should overwrite older recordings and loop correctly? i.e The way mine is acting, is not normal, correct?

did you format the card inside the camera?

Yes, after I updated the firmware I formatted it so it doesn't keep updating each time I turn it on.
If you meant the question as in, did I ever format it before I upgraded the firmware then that answer is yes also.

Both mine use the Spytec firmware (I have the G1W-CB, one from gearbest) from 2015 (November, I believe).
I have a 64GB Adata in one and a 32GB Kingston in another.
Are the cards formatted FAT32?

Both mine use the Spytec firmware (I have the G1W-CB, one from gearbest) from 2015 (November, I believe).
I have a 64GB Adata in one and a 32GB Kingston in another.
Are the cards formatted FAT32?

Yep, both cards are formatted FAT32. Tried both directly from the camera and formatting the SD card directly in the PC. No luck.

What's the Spytec firmware? Do you have a link?

Recheck your settings and be certain that it is not locking files via G-sensor etc. Locked files will not over-write. G1Wc is a good cam when you get one that works properly. That can be hit or miss though.

Phil

Recheck your settings and be certain that it is not locking files via G-sensor etc. Locked files will not over-write. G1Wc is a good cam when you get one that works properly. That can be hit or miss though.

Phil

Definitely not locking files via G-Sensor. SD card simply fills up and will not overwrite.

Is this firmware compatible with G1W-C ?
Should be, the only differences between CB and C is the CB has the black front lens ring instead of chrome. Uses the same Novatek and AR030 sensor.

Back