G1W issue :(

Do3oP

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W Black
Hello guys, I hope someone of you can help me.
I have my G1W since 01/12/2014 and unfortunately some problems.

So first of all my dashcam goes sometimes out but many times per day by itself. I have already disassembled the camera and push in this 3 pins on the USB connector a little, because I have the apprehension that the camera has a bad contact on the usb socket during the ride.

I wanted to use the camera for the duration recording, so I have placed second 12v cigarette lighter socket in duration plus (it works well). But sometimes I miss some videos.
For example, I'm going shopping. The trip to the shop is recorded. The time on the car park is also recorded. But the ride back home no more. And the last small sequence suddenly where I park before the house.

At second one the display is sometimes flashing on (like white and than gray). Is ist a way to flash some older or newer version of firmware? I have the black board (S1088_M_Ver1.0) but I can´t find any firmware for the G1W. Maybe some of you guys can send me some firmware files and a short user manual how to install this firmware update?

So now it is enough :) p.s.: sorry for my english;)

Attachments

• 20140117_2049144.jpg
    20140117_2049144.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 17
if you've got motion detect turned on try turning it off, if it's randomly stopping other than that try a different brand of memory card

if you've got motion detect turned on try turning it off
It is off. What about the original 12v cable, had anyone problems with it already?

power cables are normally ok, can get interference on FM radio is normally about the worst problem with them, trying another memory card is worth a shot as this model can be fussy about what they work with

firmware I wouldn't try unless you get it from the vendor of your camera, there are at least 6 different mainboard versions used in this same looking camera, the wrong version could kill your camera

Thank you for your response m8. I had the Transcend 16GB Class 6, yesterday I try a Samsung Pro 64GB formatted in Fat32 and the problem still exists :( I will immediately order and test a 32GB Class 10.

The battery is fully charged, the camera is supplied with power, I switch the Camera on it begins to record. If I take the USB cable off from the camera she goes immediately out although battery is full. But sometimes after I disconnect the usb cable it is continue record about 3 minutes and then goes out because the battery is then empty. Is this normal?

yes that's normal, the battery is only for file save and shutdown, once you unplug the cable it should go out pretty quickly

But why is the Dashcam sometimes shut immediately down (as if it nothing save, just abruptly stop) and sometimes continue record after plug out the usb cable? I think that there is something wrong with the USB connector on the device.

if this only happens at power off then it's a battery problem more likely, what power supply are you using?

The original MiniUSB to 12V cable which was supplied with the Cam.

Just bought another MiniUSB to 12V cable and a 32GB card Class 10. The problem still exists :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S G1WX 6
Xybone G1WX 2
Xybone G1WX 5
AlanAlan G1WX 5
T G1WX 4
Back