G1Wc Flash stuck ON - Car Plug Defective

csp

Reaction score
Country
United States
At the beginning of July I ordered a G1Wc from Estore009. After receiving it, I plugged it into my usb on my computer, no issues. Took it to my car, it worked for a few seconds. Unplugged it, tried it again and the flash became stuck on. No screen, just a bright light. Took it back to the computer, plugged in usb, same story, just a light.

I contacted estore009 and sent the camera back in (3 weeks). They sent another back to me after they received it and just went through the same thing. USB, camera worked fine, provided car plug, light stuck on again. Obviously a bad car plug, but I'm definitely not sending this back to China again.

This is mostly just an FYI in case this happens to anyone else.

You should be able to get away using almost any replacement plug. I've posted somewhere else, but i use a TomTom OneXL GPS plug that i got from a thrift store for like a dollar and it seems to work great. Not long enough to play hide the cable, but auto on works and it stays powered.

Reactions: csp
CheckYourLights is quite right. Any compatible cigarette lighter 12V to 5V mini-B USB plug should work.

I like to use 10 foot (front camera) and 15 foot (rear camera) USB-A to mini-B 5-pin cables from Monoprice plugged into a dual USB cigarette lighter adapter plug. I happen to use this 15 W 3.1 Amp one, but any decent quality adapter with high enough amperage output (1 Amp and above) will work just as well. Often, cables like I linked to from Monoprice and a decent quality power adapter will perform better that the cheap power supply shipped with some of the G1 series cameras because the cables are shielded and the power supply may transmit less ignition and engine noise.

Last edited:
Reactions: csp
Is it possible your SDmicro card was erased/overwritten by your computer when you removed it the first time?
Did you replace the micro card the same time you replaced the power cord?
What micro card are you using?
What firmware is your dash cam using?

I have two Class 10, FHD microcards with similar specifications and both work very well.
TRANSCEND microSDHC UHS-1, model TS32GUSDU1, Premium 300x, 32GB c/w adapter.
LEXAR MOBILE/SPORT microSDHC UHS-1, model LSDMI32GBSBNA300A, 300x, 32GB c/w adapter.

Your power cord is basically a step down transformer and if it works you see your dash cam has at least energized in some form
and the software data is messing things up.
If the power cord doesn't work there would be no signs of any life in your dash cam.

Can you try putting a suitable new micro card in your dash cam and not your computer?
"Boot it up in the dash cam first", not your computer.
If it works in your dash cam first I suspect your computer erased what was on your micro card when you removed it.
Always make sure the box is unchecked in your computer when it asks if you want to erase the micro card.
Just my thoughts on what might cause your problem.

CheckYourLights is quite right. Any compatible cigarette lighter 12V to 5V mini-B USB plug should work.

I like to use 10 foot (front camera) and 15 foot (rear camera) USB-A to mini-B 5-pin cables from Monoprice plugged into a dual USB cigarette lighter adapter plug. I happen to use this 15 W 3.1 Amp one, but any decent quality adapter with high enough amperage output (1 Amp and above) will work just as well.

Any recommendations for a pigtail-to-USB-A or pigtail-to-mini-B adapter? That is, since my cigarette lighter sockets are connected to Batt (always on) I'm going to splice into something connected to Acc (on-when-car-is-on, like radio) and it's silly to go through the cigarette lighter form factor. I do need the 12v to 5v feature of course. (Also trying to avoid kluging wires to the adapter's cigarette lighter plug or to its PC board.)

Any recommendations for a ? That is, since my cigarette lighter sockets are connected to Batt (always on) I'm going to splice into something connected to Acc (on-when-car-is-on, like radio) and it's silly to go through the cigarette lighter form factor. I do need the 12v to 5v feature of course. (Also trying to avoid kluging wires to the adapter's cigarette lighter plug or to its PC board.)

I'm not sure where to get pigtail-to-USB-A or pigtail-to-mini-B adapters but I would think it might not be too hard to make DIY versions using some of the inexpensive USB cables from Monoprice. You just need to work out the pin wiring.

I like to use 10 foot (front camera) and 15 foot (rear camera) USB-A to mini-B 5-pin cables from Monoprice plugged into a dual USB cigarette lighter adapter plug. I happen to use this 15 W 3.1 Amp one, but any decent quality adapter with high enough amperage output (1 Amp and above) will work just as well. Often, cables like I linked to from Monoprice and a decent quality power adapter will perform better that the cheap power supply shipped with some of the G1 series cameras because the cables are shielded and the power supply may transmit less ignition and engine noise.

I decided to send the camera back one last time and I just received my replacement camera. I used a cig lighter adapter plug and a mini usb plug. No issues after two uses.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Back