G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

I have two, A Blackbox g1w which seems to be working fine.
It's version is this

31940887140_f13279069b.jpg

and a generic g1w which has been giving me issues. It's version is this

31475940074_5e2c01a64d.jpg

Hi, I've just got my new G1WH with firmware 2017.0103.10AM. The welcome screen is green. Does anyone know that version? Can I find the *.bin file anywhere for the purpose of update of my other cams?

Hi, I've just got my new G1WH with firmware 2017.0103.10AM. The welcome screen is green. Does anyone know that version? Can I find the *.bin file anywhere for the purpose of update of my other cams?
Does the camera have any problem? If not, why do you want to change to an older firmware?

There are no problems. I'm just asking about that firmware out of curiosity.

There are no problems. I'm just asking about that firmware out of curiosity.
Your camera has the most recent firmware version I've ever seen. It's probably much more developped than any of those in here, so don't worry too much about them. I'm almost sure you won't benefit from installing any of them. :)

what's new with the new firmware? 2017.0103.10AM???
how can we get it?

anyone has the new 2017.0103.10AM firmware?
should we update to this firmware?
what is the change log?
my firmware is 2014...

Last edited:
No necessary to update it.

if you have a firmware from 2014 there's a very high chance that any 2017 firmware is not going to work out for your camera, there are multiple versions of these cameras in the market now, even if they look the same externally

if it ain't broken, don't fix it ;)

The screenshots posted are the default Novatek versions, if anything they just confirm the product is a generic public model, my advice would be if it's working leave it alone

I bought my G1W-H's last year with the stock firmware G1WH-DA380-15051201JR which worked just fine, but the other day I accidentally flashed a G1W-C firmware into one of them after swapping in a card that I had used to flash another camera and forgotten to format afterwards. I had somewhere to be and ended up flashing the G1W-H 2014.0108 firmware as a quick fix, but frankly I'm not a fan. I miss the option to add my license number, and do not like the folder sorting and file naming format. I save and edit a lot of footage. I preferred having the dates as file names and having the protected files sorted into a separate folder. My G1W-CB's new firmware at least names the protected files differently. This one does nothing to differentiate them. I also don't think it's a coincidence that, after a couple of days, I'm suddenly getting "Memory error" messages randomly with two separate cards, even after formatting. I tried to find the stock firmware online with no luck. Can anyone suggest which of the other firmwares are likely compatible with my particular camera and may best suit my needs?

I bought my G1W-H's last year with the stock firmware G1WH-DA380-15051201JR which worked just fine, but the other day I accidentally flashed a G1W-C firmware into one of them after swapping in a card that I had used to flash another camera and forgotten to format afterwards. I had somewhere to be and ended up flashing the G1W-H 2014.0108 firmware as a quick fix, but frankly I'm not a fan. I miss the option to add my license number, and do not like the folder sorting and file naming format. I save and edit a lot of footage. I preferred having the dates as file names and having the protected files sorted into a separate folder. My G1W-CB's new firmware at least names the protected files differently. This one does nothing to differentiate them. I also don't think it's a coincidence that, after a couple of days, I'm suddenly getting "Memory error" messages randomly with two separate cards, even after formatting. I tried to find the stock firmware online with no luck. Can anyone suggest which of the other firmwares are likely compatible with my particular camera and may best suit my needs?
Better to contact seller directly for help!

I have the first one installed in my G1W-H (although it doesn't say in the name, it's a DA380 firmware). It's the closest version in date to the one your camera came with. The version's name that appear in the camera is DA380-150121. It's a 15Mb/s and I've never had any problems with it.
The 2nd firmware is a version I downloaded but never tried. The name seems to be more similar to the one you had: DA380-16010601.

They're both compatible, see if any of them works as you want.

Attachments

• G1WH 2015.0121.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • G1WH_DA380_2016-01-6_01.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Thanks! I ended up flashing the 2015.0121 after reading through the entire thread and it isn't that much of an improvement over the 2014.0108 FW, but I think I'll keep it due to the higher bitrate. Haven't had the chance yet to compare the image quality between this one and my stock FW. When I say it's not much of an improvement, I mean that in regards to my specific complaints. I'm still not a fan of the file naming format and excessive folders, but that's such a petty complaint that I can live with. I was also still getting memory errors until I tried my Transcend card. Apparently neither the 2014.0108 or the 2015.0121 FW's accept SanDisk cards, which I've been using without issue in all of my G1W-x's since the beginning. Has anyone else had this issue? This sucks because I have four SanDisks and only one Transcend.

I'll try the DA380_2016 FW in my other H once the new battery gets here. That one no longer has its stock FW either since I tried replacing its battery with a capacitor and flashing a C FW, which was a failed experiment.

I'm new to the flashing firmware idea, how would I know which would be the best firmware to update to?
I have version G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03.
Thanks

GW1H here with green PCB. Got in 2016 LS388 firmware and it worked but the PC camera mode had a bug so I flashed G1WH 2016 firmware back (RED TITLE SCREEN).
So I have now problem with screensaver - on every g1wh firmware. On LS388W firmware it worked, but I can't flash proper ls388w firmware now, why?
I was trying with several loaders etc. Only blank screen. I need that screen saver back :mad:

The camera only accept FWS1088.bin filename

Back