G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

No G-Sensor is off.....

What firmware do you recommend out of them all that is good picture quality and that can have the number plate displayed...
I have put this 2101.2015 one on and im now having the same problem with the picture going dark whenever you hit a light difference, where as the original firmware that was on there was perfect with no going light and dark..

Forgot to ask as well, as from the 15th of this month I had used my vehicle every single day. The folders that were on the memory card at the time, when viewed on a pc, and file manager showing date created showed days missing... for example 15,16,17,18,20,21,23,24,26...
I thought the dash cam over writes the oldest files first when looping is on however they seem to be intermittent days.
Have you any ideas on what could cause this..

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

I have 2 G1W-H's with firmware 2015.1028.11 on both they were from SpyTech, they work well with a total bit rate of about 13616kbps.

I use Samsung 32/64gb EVO HC1 cards and these work well, no corrupt files.

Would it be worth loading a newer or different firmware or should I leave them alone and stay with the OEM firmware?

If I did update would that add extra features / better video? And if I updated them which firmware should I go with.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi

I have 2 G1W-H's with firmware 2015.1028.11 on both they were from SpyTech, they work well with a total bit rate of about 13616kbps.

I use Samsung 32/64gb EVO HC1 cards and these work well, no corrupt files.

Would it be worth loading a newer or different firmware or should I leave them alone and stay with the OEM firmware?

If I did update would that add extra features / better video? And if I updated them which firmware should I go with.

Thanks in advance :)
If everything is working fine, leave it that way. Your camera's bit rate is a little above average, so I don't think you'd see a big increase in video quality from flashing a 15Mbps firmware. There's also the possibility that a different firmware doesn't work properly with 64GB cards. Like I said, if your team is winning...

Sorry but I am confused (saw few G1WH with different "vendor" names). I got this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00KZ0J452
Do I look for firmware update on this forum thread ? Will check current version tomorrow
Spytec is known for selling the "real deal", so your camera is very likely compatible with the available firmwares here on DCT. But check your H's firmware version first.

Spytec is known for selling the "real deal", so your camera is very likely compatible with the available firmwares here on DCT. But check your H's firmware version first.

there are multiple versions of this product so very much a guessing game when it comes to firmware

there are multiple versions of this product so very much a guessing game when it comes to firmware
Spytec is advertising that G1W-H as having the Aptina-Novatek combo. As far as I know, all the firmwares on here are compatible with it.

Spytec is advertising that G1W-H as having the Aptina-Novatek combo. As far as I know, all the firmwares on here are compatible with it.

there are multiple different versions of that PCB from different suppliers using 96650 + AR0330, the rest of the hardware used is not the same amongst all of them though

I got this

G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03

Which firmware should work to update this?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    286.5 KB · Views: 13
I got this

G1WH-DA380-2014.11.28.03

Which firmware should work to update this?
Pretty much every one in this thread is compatible but some are older than yours and other change the button's functions. Only the more recent than yours may be worth trying, but before we get into it I have to ask: is there anything wrong with the one the camera has now?

Last edited:
No problems at all it just never been updated in over a year and i was curious

No problems at all it just never been updated in over a year and i was curious
The only reason I can think of for flashing a newer firmware would have to be if your camera's bitrate is lower than 13Mbps. From my experience, a 15Mbps firmware does improve the picture quality a little on these cameras. When I was using mine it had the DA380 2015.0121 installed but I believe there are more recent versions, but like I said in the beginning, don't go changing just because.

I also had the firmware stock ( 2015.1028.11 ). There was no option for fast forward, only volume change. Just flashed the latest version ( G1WH_DA380_2016-02-17_01.zip ) using the name FW96650A.bin to get it to work. I've read through the entire thread, but I just see quite a bit of conflicting info. What version is currently decided on to be the "best"? I only plan on using the camera in the event of an accident so I only really care about the ability to pick up plates or other identifying features. Also need the ability to scroll. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to DCT, Bryson.

What version is currently decided on to be the "best"?
When you have so many people producing these cameras and a variety of firmware developers, there's really not a "best" firmware. Also it's not the purpose of this thread to determine what's the best firmware, it's more for users to share their experiences with the available versions. If the firmware you flashed works well and has the features you want, then that's your "best" firmware. ;)

I consider the firmware 2015.1028.11 from Spy Tec to be broken because it doesn't seem to have fast forward or rewind functionality in the video player. I flashed the one recommended earlier in the thread from here: https://wr24support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/8000016132-aktualizacja-firmware after renaming it FW96650A.bin

I got a G1W-H that is roughly two years old and I noticed it doesn't record after the first 3 minutes. Brought it home and tried to flashed the firmware by renaming the large file to FWDM800H.bin and small one to LDDM800H.bin. Now it boots up with a red splash screen with the words "car black box" but it'll keep on boot-looping. The one time it didn't, I tried to set the language to English but there's no English available. I tried flashing the other firmware files as well but no luck thus far. It does however boot up when there's a microSD. Any suggestions?

Back