G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

DashCamMan has removed the offending links (7/12/14) that were apparently hacked into this thread using a redirect from the original firmware link. If you should happen to encounter any other links to "Torch Browser" do not click on or download anything. Torch Browser is considered a form of malware.

Last edited:
G1WH came with 2014.509 firmware.
I noticed menu has WDR option in video and HDR in photo mode.
I thought G1WH didn't have HDR technology.

Then I upgraded to DOD Shadow firmware that is old from 2013 and now it has WDR in both video and photo modes.
What's happening???
It replaced HDR with WDR in photo mode.
Is that just labeling or it removed HDR processing completely?

To successfully flash LS388W firmware on G1W you should rename the firmware file "FWA8S711.bin" to "FW96650A.bin". On first startup there will be no image only a sound, just turn off the dashcam remove the firmware from MicroSD then turn on G1W and you'll see that the new firmware is working properly. Just flashed my G1W didn't have the time to test it, I hope video quality will be better

Dear, is it really checked and sure method for original G1W ? Someone already tested it?

I see, my G1W version: 2013.05237.01 -is it enough? What and in which way i should check else?

There are multiple versions of this same looking hardware, using firmware from another version may or may not work out

newbie question: can the firmware in the zip file be used on G1W-C ? thanks.

I see, my G1W version: 2013.05237.01 -is it enough? What and in which way i should check else?
I wanted to bump this because while I can not say for sure that it will work on yours I bought a G1W from eStore009 back in Winter 2013.

It had a firmware like the way you have it typed. It looks similar to what I remember. I guess I should have checked first, but it slipped my mind.

I ran the FWS1088 file linked in the G1W FAQ without changing the file name to see what would happen. I got worried at first because I thought I bricked it, but after a few mins I got it to come back on. It booted in Russian and now has this firmware.

b6xef6.jpg

Since I bought it 4-5 months before that date and I remember it being something like 2013.05237.01 or so before I guess I have successfully updated my G1W non H I'm going to try a 15MB firmware next.

In your case though like jokiin says your camera can be different. It worked for me, but you CAN break your camera. If this is your only camera and you are not absolutely sure you are safe to update I would leave it alone.

newbie question: can the firmware in the zip file be used on G1W-C ? thanks.
Flashing a battery version camera firmware to a capacitor version camera will cause the last file to corrupt on shutdown I believe because the battery version shuts down slower and the capacitor will loose charge before it can shut down correctly.

:EDIT:
I was able to flash Shadow GT300W 1306180-SC-2 to my G1W, but had to rename the firmware file to FWS1088 for it to work.

23r4qqo.jpg

The only thing is that with this firmware the menu key is record and the record key gets you into the menu.
Also WDR can not be turned off.
Here is a banged up car that just happened to pass the camera.
14wd4si.png

Last edited:
The Vosonic V777W-V6-V8 folder in the mega firmware zip is empty.

Bump for more pictures.
n2blp0.jpg

2z5ri3m.jpg

TantuGo T200. Has English too I just did not bother changing it.
4h8f9u.jpg

Carscam WDR650
2c.jpg

All flashed on the same G1W bought from eStore009 Winter 2013 by renaming the firmware file I wanted to flash to FWS1088.
The only small issue as i noted before on some, but not all firmwares the menu and record buttons are swapped. So you have to tap up top to start recording.
I'm going to try LS388W for awhile.

Does anyone know of any newer version firmwares from the above set that I can try. like a later dated LS300W? I'm willing to try as much as I can get a hold of that might work.

Would be neat to keep an updated mega firmware repository thing going.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to rotate the recording on the DOD firmware? I'm going to flash the Shadow one to try and see if there's a setting to rotate the video since the DOD firm doesn't....or at least I can't find it....

Anyone know how to rotate the recording on the DOD firmware? I'm going to flash the Shadow one to try and see if there's a setting to rotate the video since the DOD firm doesn't....or at least I can't find it....
I'm running LS388W 1307 111SC2 E00
If you go to the menu on the camera settings side the very last thing under password is image rotation.
I did not try recording that way, but it does rotate the menu so I assumed it will work.

The cheaper one of my g1wh (£32 free next day delivery) is running 2014.0108 -

I notice a slight difference from my other g1wh running 2014.0109 in that the newer version handles light change far less noticably and am wondering if there is a place to upgrade to 2014.0109 or if it would be beneficial to upgrade to one of the firmwares suggested in the thread ?

Wanted to bump this.
It should be a sticky if possible

Hi...just a question... i couldnt catch the reason why you flash that firmware?

Is the quality better, new features, does it look nicer?
Or is it just "because we can" : )

People are looking for better firmware and because they can !!!

ls388w gives a lovely colourful picture and is probably the best bar its lousy slow reaction to light changes... so bad i went back to 2014.0108 .

would still like to find 2014.0109 please !

Hi All,
After flashing the Shadow firmware 1306180-SC-2, my G1WH is now bricked.
It wouldn't display anything.
Indicator lights are still working but no display at all.
Already tried pushing the reset button and flashing another firmware but no dice for me.
Hope someone can help me.

That's strange. What other files did you try flashing?

Back