G1WH can take firmware from DOD LS388W, Shadow GT300W 1306180 and others

Before that, I tried DOD LS388W and it works fine but the dates kept messing up so I tried 1306180-SC-2.
Try flashing the G1W-H firmware wait for the light to go out and then turn it back on.

http://www.multiupfile.com/f/9d7689c4
G1W-H 2014.0509 posted by Eugen if it helps.
I have flashed my non H countless times for testing back and forth with no issue.
Try flashing an H firmware let the light go out and reboot it.
Maybe you lost power during the flash I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.multiupfile.com/f/9d7689c4
G1W-H 2014.0509 posted by Eugen if it helps.
I have flashed my non H countless times for testing back and forth with no issue.
Try flashing an H firmware let the light go out and reboot it.
Maybe you lost power during the flash I don't know.

It has power (power cable connected) when I flashed it.
I downloaded the one you suggested. So, I just have to wait until the status lights turns off with the microsd card with the firmware on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just have to wait until the status lights turns off with the microsd card with the firmware on it?
If i remember right last time i flashed it I let it go for about 3 mins turned it back on and it was okay. The light comes on with the screen not on then goes out and you can take the card outand turn it on after.
If you leave the card in it will keep flashing the firmware.

If i remember right last time i flashed it I let it go for about 3 mins turned it back on and it was okay. The light comes on with the screen not on then goes out and you can take the card outand turn it on after.
If you leave the card in it will keep flashing the firmware.

Still the same, no display.

Hello. Today it was my device. Tried to flash 2014.0509 (2014.0108 on my device). Performed in all directions, and nothing happens. Many times formatting, overwrite FWDM800H.bin to the root of the card. Enables or disables the device and still no response. What am I doing wrong?

And another question, what is the probability of getting a brick?

if the file name is wrong it won't process the update, if you rename the file to whatever the camera needs it will load, if the firmware is incorrect for your model though yes you could end up with a brick

I think the G1Ws are hard to brick.

I tried a bunch of incompatible firmwares on my G1WH a while ago just to see which ones would work. The ones that "bricked" my camera (caused the screen to just go black and not boot) were easily fixable by using the hard reset button on the camera. It reset it back to the g1W firmware every time.

I think the G1Ws are hard to brick.

I tried a bunch of incompatible firmwares on my G1WH a while ago just to see which ones would work. The ones that "bricked" my camera (caused the screen to just go black and not boot) were easily fixable by using the hard reset button on the camera. It reset it back to the g1W firmware every time.

if it 'reset it back' indicates that the firmware you tried didn't update, a few reports from people losing button functionality etc with incorrect versions, you may be able to reload but of course you actually need a correct firmware to be able to do that

if the file name is wrong it won't process the update, if you rename the file to whatever the camera needs it will load, if the firmware is incorrect for your model though yes you could end up with a brick
I have G1WH. The name of the firmware file FWDM800H.bin as stated in the instructions. And nothing happens :(

I have G1WH. The name of the firmware file FWDM800H.bin as stated in the instructions. And nothing happens :(

what the filename needs to be is determined by the firmware the cameras has on it now, it's coded in to only run an update if it sees the correct filename, not running is a way of protecting you from installing an incompatible update

what the filename needs to be is determined by the firmware the cameras has on it now, it's coded in to only run an update if it sees the correct filename, not running is a way of protecting you from installing an incompatible update
This means I have not G1WH?
I cheated? How to check the real name of the device?

there is more than one version of this device, it's a public model product, factories just buy the parts from suppliers like a kit and assemble them, there are multiple suppliers of the parts of this same looking product

there is more than one version of this device, it's a public model product, factories just buy the parts from suppliers like a kit and assemble them, there are multiple suppliers of the parts of this same looking product
So how to determine which device do I have?
And how do you know what name to call "bin" file?
And how do you know what firmware is suitable and what is not.
Please help me

it's not a model I'm involved with, I don't have the information you need unfortunately, of course I would help you if I had the detail

if you do find what's needed please post back with the details as it may help someone else later on

Which FW will allow my G1W-C + 64GB Sandisk Ultra to record 24/7 and overwrite old files once the card is full? Loop mode isn't useful in this case.

Are all G1W/G1WH-G1W-C interchangable in terms of firmware?

Are all G1W/G1WH-G1W-C interchangable in terms of firmware?
No
Battery version G1W firmware shuts down to slowly.
If you flash a -C with non -C firmware your last file will be corrupt on shutdown.

Back