G522 image quality and length of clips.

Towerdave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else disgusted by the image quality of these devices. Even following a vehicle closely I can’t read the number plate. Also dreadful pixelation and merging. Dreadful. Also I get clips of seconds even though I’ve set 3 minutes for the length. Also no wi fi connection or Bluetooth connectivity. The Halfords guy spent ages trying to get it to work and then just gave up! What a waste of money.

I have had my 522GW w/rear view for 4 1/2 years, maybe look at a more recent piece of kit - good luck!

I have had my 522GW w/rear view for 4 1/2 years, maybe look at a more recent piece of kit - good luck!
So, mine is newer at 3 years old. Can you read license plates on yours? Do you playback footage on your pc?

I can read license plates up to 2 car lengths away at slow speed.
I do take dashcam to PC and connect with USB to get the videos I want to keep, never used Bluetooth or wifi to connect, way too slow and unreliable.
I use VSDC to work with and edit the video clips.

I can read license plates up to 2 car lengths away at slow speed.
I do take dashcam to PC and connect with USB to get the videos I want to keep, never used Bluetooth or wifi to connect, way too slow and unreliable.
I use VSDC to work with and edit the video clips.
Well, I can’t read number plates I car length away with my GW522! What bugs me is that I swapped a really cheap one for this and image quality is demonstrably worse even though the features of the 522 are way better.

I have to be honest, I am not overly impressed by the image quality.. I don't think it's any better than the Aukey models I have had (and still have one on the rear window). I like the fact that it can be pulled off and put away quickly but it gets so hot. I like the fact that the software shows you the map of your video, but I am glad that I never stumped up more cash for one with a rear camera as well. I don't have cars long enough to have the hassle of wiring them in. Overall, the word I can use is underwhelmed.

Back