Gearbest Dome G95A Ambarella A7LA50 2.7"1296P HD Dashcam Review

How about compare with G90 A7la70
Files and size:
Overall bit rate: 18.4 Mbps so it's better/higher than original G90 A3 firmware that was around 15mbps.
VBR: 18mbps
Audio: 128Kbps
660mb for a 5 minute clip at 2560*1080p resolution.

View attachment 11286

Here is a video clip from this morning in default setting, nothing touched in the menu...
Against the sun till 1:45 in the video so lots of sun glare but after that, it's as sharp as it gets, no audio (I'll add another video with mic on):

Audio Video quality: I'll compare G95A against G90 because they are very similar except the size and shape.
Audio is slightly better than G90 A7 but not as loud as other dashcams.
Video is almost exactly the same compared to G90.
Basically, if you don't want to spend little more for the G90, this is exact same dashcam for less money and bigger (at least looks bigger even though both mention 2.7") LCD screen. ;)
No focus issue.
All sides are in great focus and no warping either just like in G90 that eliminates fish eye effect in the corners that exists in mini 0806 for example.
License plates are easily readable on both corners. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I've been using this dash cam for a few days now and here is what I noticed:

1. Dash cam does not record continuously. It just randomly stops recording. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. The screen stays on, but video recording stops by itself for some reason. This is really annoying. I've got Samsung branded 32GB class 10 sd card with default camera settings.

2. I purchased it from Gearbest using the coupon from this thread. Now, nowhere on the camera, box or manual it actually says that this is Dome branded camera. It is like buying an iphone or ipad without apple logo. Do you guys know if Gearbest is legit?

Dome isn't a brand so I wouldn't be too worried about the camera being marked or not, you don't have motion detect turned on by any chance do you?

Hey guys,

I've been using this dash cam for a few days now and here is what I noticed:

1. Dash cam does not record continuously. It just randomly stops recording. Sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 2 hours. The screen stays on, but video recording stops by itself for some reason. This is really annoying. I've got Samsung branded 32GB class 10 sd card with default camera settings.

2. I purchased it from Gearbest using the coupon from this thread. Now, nowhere on the camera, box or manual it actually says that this is Dome branded camera. It is like buying an iphone or ipad without apple logo. Do you guys know if Gearbest is legit?
Of course gearbest is legit.
My camera has been working great so far.

Make sure to turn motion detection off.
Check your card with h2testw program.
Try another card.

Of course gearbest is legit.
My camera has been working great so far
Mine has too.
In case anyone missed it here is a bit of real world application again.

What just happened there? Why was the red car reversing?
It's my understanding that AAA was in the process of towing this car and it was improperly secured. If you look closely at the beginning of the video you can actually see the car bounce back and forth from side to side near the very top of the video when it first comes into view, and if you look closely as the car comes towards mine you can see that it is not in reverse, but it is drifting backwards with no one in it.

Thanks for your replies.
Motion detection is off and I just did a test using H2Testw:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.94 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Problem is still here. I just wish this camera would record video continuously and overwrite the older files. I am a truck driver and drive 10-11 hours a day

Try different card and also try a different car charger.
Just to be sure.

Thanks for your replies.
Motion detection is off and I just did a test using H2Testw:

Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.94 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.6 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Problem is still here. I just wish this camera would record video continuously and overwrite the older files. I am a truck driver and drive 10-11 hours a day

I'm having the same problem did you find a fix?

I'm having the same problem did you find a fix?
He did a test on nomal temp. But a card may only have problem in hight temp. So the test may not be true.
In my exp, you should try another model card. Lexar 633x or trancend 400x are good products with dashcam.

Back