Azdome GS63H 'Lock' folder.

Bruun

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
Azdome GS63H
Hello,

I've recently bought my second GS63H Dashcam.

But when after use i tried to copy the different recording files i've noticed that quit a bit of the SD card is filled with a folder named 'lock'.

When i took my other dashcam (installend in another car) and looked there was no such folder to be found.

First i've had the idea that this had to do with the dashcam settings. But when i compared these the settings are just the same, only the firmware is different.

Then i switchted the two dashcams between the two vehicles and then i've noticed that the 'lock' folder only seems to appear in one car and not the other.

The dascams are both securely fitted on the windows and almost at the same place. The cars are not the same make/model.

So now is my question if someone else already had this exeperience and wich settings do i have to alter to be sure this does not happen again in the car where this occurs.

First thing i can think of is that it has to do with the G-sensor settings. But -> If i set this to 'low' instead of 'medium'. Is it then so that only heavy 'impacts' are going to be recorded and saved or is there not so much difference between the settings?

Sorry for my English as i this is not my native tounge

Help is much appreciated,

Thanks

You are correct, Lock folder has to do with locked files due to impact via the G-sensor or manually locked. Sensitivity of the settings (low, med, high) depends on the camera. Best is to experiment on your camera on which setting works best for your car and where you drive.

Thanks for the reply.

I've tested for a few days with the G-esensor settings on 'low' but the same problem (creating Lock folder with files in it) persists. :mad:

When i took a look at the files i could not even find any clue as why both camera's have the same problem in that car and not in the other. :-(

I had the idea that maybe it could have to do with the place on wich the dascam is placed (suction cup on window) but on the other cars it's placed also on the window and with the same dashcam holder.

What i've noticed:

1. Some files are clearly created just after startup (the car and automatically the cam).
2. Then there are files form wich i can say: Okay, this is a very bumpy place/road.
2. But there are also quite some recordings on places from wich i now for sure that there is no reason what so ever to start a G-sensor activated recording. No bumpy road or so. Even sometimes when just cruising on the highway...

Could it be that the car itself (Renault Grand Scenic) sometimes (during start-up) vibrates on an frequency that i cannot feel but is enough to trigger the G-sensor? Even with the settings on 'low'?

You could say that after reading 'point 1.' that if the camera is triggered during start-up the mount is loose or placed on the wrong spot on the window.
But it is surely very firmly mounted.
So, i'm going to set the G-sensor of and see what it does then. I cannot imagine that there will be new 'locked' recordings but just want to be sure to rule that out.

If the problem is gone then i'm going to put the G-sensor settings on 'low' again and going to (try to) memorize the places where there is something (bumpy road or so) that could trigger the G-sensor to create a file.

Maybe i will also place the camera mount on another place.

To be continued! ;-)

Back