Gearbest Viofo A118C genuine?

Magnets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are gearbest selling the genuine ones or knockoffs with the misplaced microphone and lower bitrate?

Think again about it.

The difference that i found on the description between this to are:
size of package,
Wight of package,
size of the dvr,
cable 3meter- original is 4meter, 2 megapixel vs 3 megapixel.

I would like to hear your opinion about it.

Ive contacted with gearbest, they cant answer properly.
just told me the differens that on the description.

Thanx alot .

Last edited:
I am planning to buy this one ,
Is it compatible with a GPS module? The Q&As on the bottom of the page says that it isn't.

It should be compatible, don't know why they say it isn't. For the $6 that it costs you might as well go ahead and try it.

Hey gearbest, what about my question?

About the difference between these two A118c?

It's pretty much you already figure out. And they are from different manufacturers too. This one is from the original supplier. We will have reviews of the other one coming soon. Then we will check what are they really different.

Hi @Nusi

You are welcome!It can use class 10 or above memory card.

Regards,
Fiona

Any gearbest coupon codes? I want to order two of the VIOFO units and GPS's

Hi @troels

Thanks for your inquiry! We are making flash sale of the Viofo A188C, and it's lower than the coupon price. Go grab one if you like it.

Regards,
Fiona

Done, thanks.

I tried a valid code I found elsewhere but it reverted the cam to full price first so ended up more expensive!

Done, thanks.

I tried a valid code I found elsewhere but it reverted the cam to full price first so ended up more expensive!

You are welcome!

Yes, that's because the price is lower than the coupon price, so if you use the coupon, it will be more expensive.

where can I buy a "original" Viofo a118c that works fine with realiable warranty ??

where can I buy a "original" Viofo a118c that works fine with realiable warranty ??
Buy in local stores where you live.
Warranty works best when you can walk to the store or else you have to pay shipping at the least plus turnaround time to get new one back.

Buy in local stores where you live.
Warranty works best when you can walk to the store or else you have to pay shipping at the least plus turnaround time to get new one back.

being in Spain he's probably limited to buying it online

being in Spain he's probably limited to buying it online
I have A118C from Gearbest.
I'll post review thread soon. So far works fine but anything from China is a hassle to return regardless of whom you buy from if it starts having issues.
So as everyone knows by now, you want cheap, get from Gearbest or Chinese vendors.
You want easy returns, buy locally but pay more.
Both is not possible.

Maybe EU has other vendors but regardless, anything non local, shipping cost is there even if it's next state.

if you can buy from Amazon, try to buy from Spy Tec A118C.
In future, we will print VIOFO on the A118C, of course not just print the brand, will come with improvement.

I assume the two A118C I bought from Gearbest are genuine, due to box being identical to genuine Viofo (from what I have seen in reviews), having Viofo firmware, as well as having serial numbers. Could Viofo tell if they are genuine from serial numbers?

Back