Genuine Question about F770 n Cellink

Jayson27

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum, although i have been browsing it for the past 7 hours or so.

now i have a question that i cant seem to find an answer to and it is really stopping me from purchasing until i can get the answer i need.

my question is this:

i have seen that their is a new Series 2 of the Cellink-b Battery
and i have seen a review on the battery showing how you would connect a dash cam.

now the series 1 and series 2 of them batteries are different... in the fact that the series 2 is a cigar plug(ACC) only? (as mentioned here https://www.blackboxmycar.com/pages/cellink-battery-b-pack-review)

now my question:

if that is the case how do you go about hardwiring a Thinkware F770 and a series 2 Cellink-b Battery to your car?

Thanks in advance and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Cellink B series 2 is NOT a cigarette plug only. I hardwired my Cellink B to my car's fuse box.

This would be my recommendation on wiring a Thnkware Dashcam using a Cellink.

First of all, you will need a Thinkware Hardwire Kit, so that you can connect both a constant 12V source (Battery Connection) and a switched 12V source (Accessory Connection)

Obtain a 12V Cigar Lighter plug similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01I6PSZN4
Wire the Battery Connection of the Hardwire Kit to the +12V connection on the Cigar Lighter plug and plug that into the Cellink.

Wire the Accessory Connection of the Hardwire Kit to a switched +12V in your vehicle.

Wire the Ground Connection of the Hardwire Kit to a good, clean ground point.

Now, when the vehicle is switched on, the Dashcam will receive it's power from the Cellink.

When the vehicle is switched off, the Dashcam will enter the Parking Mode, but continue to receive its power from the Cellink.

Hope this helps.

RodeoGeorge

This would be my recommendation on wiring a Thnkware Dashcam using a Cellink.

First of all, you will need a Thinkware Hardwire Kit, so that you can connect both a constant 12V source (Battery Connection) and a switched 12V source (Accessory Connection)

Obtain a 12V Cigar Lighter plug similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01I6PSZN4
Wire the Battery Connection of the Hardwire Kit to the +12V connection on the Cigar Lighter plug and plug that into the Cellink.

Wire the Accessory Connection of the Hardwire Kit to a switched +12V in your vehicle.

Wire the Ground Connection of the Hardwire Kit to a good, clean ground point.

Now, when the vehicle is switched on, the Dashcam will receive it's power from the Cellink.

When the vehicle is switched off, the Dashcam will enter the Parking Mode, but continue to receive its power from the Cellink.

Hope this helps.

RodeoGeorge
Would we need to get a cig lighter converter with a fuse? if so, would a 3amp be good enough or go with 5amp?

You will not need a "converter", as the cig lighter is 12v, and that's what the F770 requires.
You would only need a PLUG into which you can wire the Accessory lead.
It is probably a good idea to place a fuse in the line, even though the Accessory lead draws very little current (just senses the voltage present).
A 1 Amp fuse should be more than sufficient.

RodeoGeorge

Another newbie here. Not intending to hijack this thread but this is related to the current discussion.

I am considering F750 primarily as it's over $100 cheaper here in Oz and seeing that people have had success updating it with F770 firmware.

Would the setup you have described above work with F750 as well?

Edit: Spelling

Another newbie here. Not intending to hijack this thread but this is related to the current discussion.

I am considering F750 primarily as it's over $100 cheaper here in Oz and seeing that people have had success updating it with F770 firmware.

Would the setup you have described above work with F750 as well?

Edit: Spelling

Yes it would. The power wiring for the F750 is identical to the F770.

I have a F750 that I've upgraded to the F770 Firmware.

RodeoGeorge

You will not need a "converter", as the cig lighter is 12v, and that's what the F770 requires.
You would only need a PLUG into which you can wire the Accessory lead.
It is probably a good idea to place a fuse in the line, even though the Accessory lead draws very little current (just senses the voltage present).
A 1 Amp fuse should be more than sufficient.

RodeoGeorge
i got a reply from the seller. he can order me in the cable that attaches to the output of the cellink with the 3 wire ( ACC BAT Ground)

Update:

So incase anyone else was wondering:

after watching this video:
i decided to purchase.

now the battery came and to my shock after opening it, mine didnt come with the cable mentioned at 4:03 in the above youtube video.

I live in Australia and on my box i got off ebay it said "imported by AutoBlackBox Australia" and after a failed google search on where to get this cable i gave them a ring to get some more info.

The guy on the phone told me that because they only sell Blacksys and some other dashcams they dont supply that cable in the Cellink batteries. He told me if i wanted that cable to purchase this cable here: http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/power-cable/
and in the customer note say "send 3 wire cellink cable"
so after an extra $32AUD i have everything needed to run the hardwire to my battery to the Thinkware F770.

roll credits

Update:

So incase anyone else was wondering:

after watching this video:
i decided to purchase.

now the battery came and to my shock after opening it, mine didnt come with the cable mentioned at 4:03 in the above youtube video.

I live in Australia and on my box i got off ebay it said "imported by AutoBlackBox Australia" and after a failed google search on where to get this cable i gave them a ring to get some more info.

The guy on the phone told me that because they only sell Blacksys and some other dashcams they dont supply that cable in the Cellink batteries. He told me if i wanted that cable to purchase this cable here: http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/power-cable/
and in the customer note say "send 3 wire cellink cable"
so after an extra $32AUD i have everything needed to run the hardwire to my battery to the Thinkware F770.

roll credits

I got mine from Elite Electronics, and they quoted me $15 each delivered. ( on the way)

Hi

Ok I've read a thousand threads and watched videos, I just don't get it.
BMW 1 series
Cellink B
F770
I want F770 to go into parking mode when engine turned off.
I have power cable from F770 with cig lighter connector, this goes into female connector on output of Cellink.
Cellink input goes to ground screw and with fuse tap to fuse box, to a fuse which I think eventually cuts off.
It charges ok but won't enter parking mode

I have the following cables, not connected, as well, hardwire cable, which is power jack for F770 to 3 wires, batt, acc and gnd, but it's not very long so won't reach boot(trunk) it also has a fuse on batt and acc wires.
Then output from Cellink that has same 3 wires.
I guess I need these wires to enable parking mode, but no idea how I connect them.

An idiots guide please.

Thanks

John

I like to know if the latest gen will switch to the car battery once the cellink is empty.
the 1st gen did, but can not find any info on the latest gen..

Hi

Apparently I just splice those wires together and it all works.
So have to get some extra cable an splice, so for now will leave as is.
If I figure out if Cellink switch to car batt I'll let you know, I kinda hope it doesn't.

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T F770 13
D F770 5
M F770 18
T F770 4
flip9 F770 4
Back