Dashcam Viewer Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So i've just got my new F770 fitted and have some questions about the Dashcam Viewer App. I'm using a Mac if that makes any difference.

Is there anyway of getting / viewing a 'full screen' video? I get the video footage in the main screen but can't seem to enable a full screen mode. Also when i zoom into that screen the video quality seems really poor.

Also, if I have the speed info enabled in the camera is there anyway of removing it within this App?

My last question refers to the audible comments made by the camera. When i play the footage back the voice for the camera is 'stupidly loud and distorted'. Anyway of getting around this too?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 18.12.05.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 18.12.05.png
    848 KB · Views: 20
can you double click the video area to enlarge to full screen?

embedded speed can't be stripped from the video after

sounds from the camera will of course be much louder, not sure if they can be disabled but that would likely be your only option to address that problem

if you want to view the video full screen I guess you can always just use quicktime or whatever video player a Mac comes with these days

Yup ... Quicktime is full screen but I can't imagine that the Thinkware player does not having a full screen mode.
After all ... it comes with a completely useless X-Y-Z fascilty which is a complete waste of space / time for sure

It doesn't look like there're many replies on that site so I've emailed Thinkware direct.
There are lots of little quirks about the software and camera that i hadn't bargained for.
I hope I've bought the right camera.

I have never used a MAC but i sent our main Thinkware guy and email this morning as he uses MAC and he says if you have the curser over the video and then do a 'double fingered' tap on the touchpad it should go full screen. You then have a red symbol at the top to close full screen. He does run a different iOS on his MAC though. Try it and see.....

I'm really surprised how basic and quirky the desktop App is considering it's being used for one of the most expensive dash cams on the market at the moment.
Are there any alternatives out there for a Mac do you know as I'm struggling to find any?

I frequently use VLC player, rather than the Thinkware player. The good thing about VLC is that it allows you to go through frame-by-frame (especially useful if you record in time-lapse parking mode). This is something that the Thinkware player does not do.

I frequently use VLC player, rather than the Thinkware player. The good thing about VLC is that it allows you to go through frame-by-frame (especially useful if you record in time-lapse parking mode). This is something that the Thinkware player does not do.

Doesn't work on a Mac I don't think though does it?
I still find it amazing that Thinkware are telling customers to use other manufacturers media players instead of their own.

Doesn't work on a Mac I don't think though does it?
I still find it amazing that Thinkware are telling customers to use other manufacturers media players instead of their own.

I've never used a Mac computer before so I can't comment on that, but I thought VLC was cross-platform compatible. Looking at https://www.videolan.org/vlc/#download there appears to be a download option for for Mac systems. You could give that a try.

Should have mentioned, I'm not in any way associated with Thinkware, just a regular customer who has their F770 camera system. VLC is a player I have been long using even before I got my dash cams. In general I find it a far superior a media player than anything else, including Windows media player, quick time, etc (and Thinkware's own media player of course).

Last edited:
For the mac, you need to right click on the video while it's playing.

What I don't like when in full screen mode is you can't see the rear camera! Blackvue does a WAY better job of this. Their viewer allows you to overlay the video a quarter size of full screen of the other camera in either of 4 corners (your choice) or disable completely.

Last edited:
Back