Getting REAL Tired of Being Logged Out!!!

kandrey89

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, GoPro 3/3+ Black
Getting real tired of being logged out or my session being expired...
How about at least making it 30 days session persistence if not more?

I have to log in pretty much every other day, even though the page has not been closed.

Latest Chrome version.

mine stays logged in, unless I click a link to the site someone sends me, then for some reason I'm logged out, cookie problem maybe, not sure, I also use Chrome, all defaults, no blocking of anything

Use Lastpass. It can log you in automatically so quickly you may not realise it happened.
Even if you don't want to use it for serious stuff it's great for logging you in for forums etc.
Don't let your browser remember passwords, the security is ... well it isn't secure. (I don't use Chrome though so don't know if it's less bad than others.)

Funny, my session has never expired since I logged in for the first time 6 months ago. What I mean is I'm always logged in. I use Firefox and Win7 Pro.

Funny, my session has never expired since I logged in for the first time 6 months ago. What I mean is I'm always logged in. I use Firefox and Win7 Pro.
Same here. Multiple machines and combinations of Win-7, Win-10 and Linux-Mint. The only time I'm logged out is if I manually do it.

Same here. Multiple machines and combinations of Win-7, Win-10 and Linux-Mint. The only time I'm logged out is if I manually do it.
Exactly, so it's not a DCT problem.

Exactly, so it's not a DCT problem.

I never get logged out if using the site normally, if someone sends me a link to a page here and I click on the link it doesn't log straight in, not sure why, the password is saved so it's only one more click so not something I worry about

I had a similar problem ages ago and basically just had to delete the existing cookies for the site - after logging in again it was fine.

Are your bookmarks to dashcamtalk.com or www.dashcamtalk.com? They should be the first one these days.

Never been cut off with win 7 ultimate IE 10 since joining here in January.

Sure I can't connect to this site on the odd occasion but that's understandable as it gets more popular.

FFS, 4 logins in the last 48 hours! FIX this ****.

I had started to think it was normal. Between 6 different laptops/desktops and 4 different phone/tablets, my account never stays logged in for more than around 30 minutes if I don't actively do something on the site.

KuoH

FFS, 4 logins in the last 48 hours! FIX this ****.

I had started to think it was normal. Between 6 different laptops/desktops and 4 different phone/tablets, my account never stays logged in for more than around 30 minutes if I don't actively do something on the site.

KuoH
I don't see this as being a DCT problem. The machine I'm using to post this message was last logged in to DCT no less than 3 or 4 weeks ago. The same holds true for all 3 machines I use on a regular basis (Win-7, Win-10, Linux-Mint) plus my phone and tablet (Android devices), I stay logged in until I manually log out.

It has to be something unique to your specific environment - be that browser settings, A/V S/W, auto delete of 'old' cookies, etc.

Clear your cookies. I used to run a few forums back in the day and when something changed on the site (such as the url, like it happened here) I'd get logged out.

I think there's a way to clear the cookies for a specific site, but it's been a while since I've done it.

...when something changed on the site (such as the url, like it happened here) I'd get logged out.....
I had forgotten about that. Could be the cause.

It doesn't bother me enough to want to do this on all of my PCs and devices, especially when there are other sites I go to which do not exhibit this behavior. I was just mentioning it for an additional data point, but it certainly doesn't seem that unique.

KuoH

I don't see this as being a DCT problem....It has to be something unique to your specific environment - be that browser settings, A/V S/W, auto delete of 'old' cookies, etc.

i have the problem too. the pattern i've noticed is if i click my bookmark for watched forums, i'm logged in just fine. but if i click go in through dashcamtalk.com or dashcamtalk.com/forum then it makes me log in. it's as if going in thru the front door erases my cookie or something.

Maybe you're going to www.dashcamtalk.com/forum with the bookmark? That makes a difference because essentially for the browser they're two different sites with two different cookies.

Maybe you're going to www.dashcamtalk.com/forum with the bookmark? That makes a difference because essentially for the browser they're two different sites with two different cookies.
just checked. the bookmark doesn't have the www. and yes, i'm fully aware of how A records and Cnames/aliases or subdomains work. i've owned a domain name since ~2000, and have managed it myself the whole time. in fact, i just finished a big change last night, and had to get a little creative about how i'm hiding the "content" server by using meta refresh and permissions in the httpd.conf file.

as for when i manually type it - often i just click in the address bar, type "das" and it autocompletes the rest ("hcamtalk.com/forum" - no "http://www." - just the domain name, TLD, and subdirectory) so i just hit enter. and that's when it'll ask me to log in.

Back