Getting soon Mobius Maxi

jmdlcar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Maxi, Mobius 2
When my son gets his income tax he going to buy me one. Will any brand of Micro SD Card work? I want a good brand.

I just order a "64GB Samsung Evo+ U3 cards".

And I need to fine a Smart TV to view 2.7k video.

I also have this from my Mobius 2 "USB Mini OTG Cable Use with Android Devices for Mobius Actioncam #16 Camera" will work for the Mobius Maxi?

Last edited:
I think that lens should be good on the Maxi too.
It is a F2.0 so not as optimal as you could get in regard to low light performance ( cant recall what F number the original Maxi lens have )

Your old OTG cable should be fine for the Maxi too

Will this work in the Mobius Maxi? https://www.ebay.com/itm/182661117944
Yes, I think it should fit in the Maxi. At F2.0 it's a little bit slower than the F1.5 original lens.

Take a look at these videos by @Harsh taken on a Mobius 1 with the A2 lens :
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/videos-mobius-a2-lens.28408/

For a faster lens around 90deg FOV, check out this thread :
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/original-mobius-night-recording-with-4mm-f1-2-lens.31145/

I use this in my Mobius 2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112151028854 Is this Lens to slow to?
With an aperture of F2.8 it is not a fast lens.

For dashcam use I would typically recommend F2.0 or faster (i.e. smaller F-value = larger aperture = more light reaching the sensor) since dashcams need to function in low light. They have a narrower depth of field, are harder to focus correctly, and can be larger than slower lenses (but not always).

For action cameras, drones etc. F2.8 lenses are fairly common. In general, they have less distortion, greater depth of field (how much of the scene is in focus) and they are smaller.

I can't seem to fine a 4.35mm lens with a f2.0 or less or faster lens.

I can't seem to fine a 4.35mm lens with a f2.0 or less or faster lens.
That's why I suggested reading through some of the discussion that I linked to earlier on the 4mm F1.2 lens. In terms of Field of View there's almost no difference between 4mm and 4.35mm focal length. The benefit of the 4.35mm lenses is that they have almost no distortion - nearly all the different sellers seem to have variations on the same lens.

I suppose it comes down to what you want. If you're going to use the camera hand-held or on a drone and care about straight verticals and horizons, then go for the 4.35mm lens. If you're using it just for a dashcam, my personal view is that some distortion is an acceptable trade-off to get more light to the sensor.

I will use it as a DashCam but I use it more as a hand held or on a small tripod. I think I will order a 4mm F1.2 lens after I receive my Mobius Maxi for me I don't like FishEYE.

I can't find the "mm" of the Lens is all I know is it Mobius Maxi lense B camera, super fast lens with aperture f/1.5.

You can remove the fish eye in post production, but like when you let the camera do it you will loose some of the resolution as it is done by cropping the image. And of course it take time and effort, so make sense to get a lens that don't have fish eye effect.
Also on 1080p you don't have all that much resolution to spare, make more sense on a 4K action camera.

I can't find the "mm" of the Lens is all I know is it Mobius Maxi lense B camera, super fast lens with aperture f/1.5.
In practice, the Maxi A and Maxi B lenses have almost the same Field of View:

Maxi Lens A / Maxi Lens B
y4mVRXxcyKhUKExpWac9J9e0YNP_eC0gpf8VnCmX9bg5JVQp7xs2_i3YLpeQvx7fpUIRuAse_cQz5-CMiYwa6azdjkz6F_KAn1Qv4_qPsWSGre1y-QG27j73H-nRA9PPzbPYOvw1e19lwV2_SRQ54aoy0z-hWj_Y-y58C0XQbdYDaEkGHxaIhO-dy3-IySrJuonLtromR91xwwoaQ4J2wSItw
y4mmmCra30yIrHFtYSYjPZKXmfNgu1Q5puEfxKH3BoEc4UAWXrXEXN4aHFn9iHiTTlHBXLZvOeYRKnqjtJkFtpkFSMSox2W9MZGttVmZSnArmyYF1_gL8_ftAgwdwIj54oHRRXeCPKMyo1j2zrjAYVfqyA-XooGYkvwXZoL0LxLkFaZLPRzAHy7WwXxN7kJ6G8sgAIbietNxGlFTFwUhlT1UQ

Note how the slower F2.8 lens A has less distortion that the faster F1.5 lens B.

The Maxi A lens is identical to the Mobius 1 lens D, which has a stated focal length of 2.6mm and seems about right.

The wider Mobius 1 C2 F2.0 lens has a focal length of 2.3mm
y4mQaEdtHwmstu_TI7XuE9ThcLmWIKpRiXJghogtuTVjy-asyM1WkIZUPd8ok6NSwEhzgUZJl0GjgwJSa0vYDJ9F5yahEmfMrYc8ifoPFGwj9amYFHtO4fNW8UJiLlaJbcjansKlcLZvrQu723EWx_rD3O9roFC0H6aK_X2sSsEq3o6ujREQHw4Z7C4KIi6mqlVOgUWNfIodTeMROlfVfu5Qg

I think I will get another B Lens Module and put a 4.33mm Lens that way I can change it when I need to.

When recording how many MB per minute will it make 2.7k and 1080p with that memory card?
From memory :
2.7k up to about 450MB/min
1080p60 up to about 250MB/min
1080p30 up to about 150MB/min

Well it been 2 weeks since I order my Maxi and I hope it gets soon.

When I get the Maxi after I charge it and run msetup I will check the focus how far away should I be to check it? I will taking a photo of a brick wall and large signs and should I take a video? The Maxi will have the B Lens.

Back